News   Jul 17, 2024
 524     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 629     0 

Forum Shutdown For Upgrades

Where there is an image to the left of thread, I think it would be nicer to have an image of the building/project rather than the avatars of users...?
It would but a lot of work. And what do we do with threads that are not about buildings?

I'm not getting any notifications to any of the threads I was subscribed to (well over 100 of them). This has to represent a lot of loss readership.

A few things we are looking at adding to the main thread page. Which of these are important?

Mark Forum Read
Search
Watched Forums
Watched Threads

For me the most important item on that list would be Mark Forum Read, with some sort of Advanced Search function close behind.

I'm not getting any notifications to any of the threads I was subscribed to (well over 100 of them). This has to represent a lot of loss readership.

Looking into it.

Is anyone else experiencing technical problems with the forums when using Chrome? A significant portion of the time when I click on a thread the page doesn't load and the tab just freezes. Happens a lot when I try to load the main page too. If I hit 'reload' a bunch of times, eventually it loads properly.

Is anyone else experiencing technical problems with the forums when using Chrome? A significant portion of the time when I click on a thread the page doesn't load and the tab just freezes. Happens a lot when I try to load the main page too. If I hit 'reload' a bunch of times, eventually it loads properly.

Yep, I am. When I reply to posts sometimes my page freezes and I need to refresh. My post does show up after the refresh, though.

I'm thinking it might happen only when the post is created on a new page. At least that's the pattern I believe I've noticed the three or four times it's happened to me...

A few things we are looking at adding to the main thread page. Which of these are important?

Mark Forum Read
Search
Watched Forums
Watched Threads
I need a Watched Threads link in the forum home page / bar at the top

Right now I changed my UT bookmark to the link to the Watched Threads page as a temporary measure....

Yep, I am. When I reply to posts sometimes my page freezes and I need to refresh. My post does show up after the refresh, though.

I'm thinking it might happen only when the post is created on a new page. At least that's the pattern I believe I've noticed the three or four times it's happened to me...

Hmm... I haven't seen my problem happen with respect to making posts, but just clicking on pages in threads.

Hmm... I haven't seen my problem happen with respect to making posts, but just clicking on pages in threads.

Well as for the main page, I do notice that chrome gets choked up when it's loading, though I'm not sure if that's my very slow internet speed, the fact that I use an adblocker, or something to do with the way chrome processes code. I get freezing for about ten or so seconds, then it eases up.

I've noticed a few times that some posts are being posted twice by accident, even by a moderator in one case. In fact it happened to me yesterday and I had to delete one of my duplicate posts. I can't remember how that happened but I think I refreshed the page right after I clicked "post reply" because the page went blank. I'm not using google Chrome though. Has anyone else been double posting after the upgrade?

Last edited:
I'm using Chrome on a Mac with no issues

Back