News   Jul 17, 2024
 524     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 629     0 

Forum Shutdown For Upgrades

The old site and vBulletin sucked. We had all sorts of problems that you never saw. Its 14 hours since we relaunched (half of which was sleep) so give us some time to make corrections. We are following this and the other threads and slowly fixing the things that need changing.
Can you provide a log/update thread of things that have been fixed or changed?

The new software is a huge improvement for mobile users :)

My biggest annoyance at the moment is that on iOS, when you tap the status bar to skip to the top of the page, you can't get access to the forum navigation hierarchy. I have to scroll back down to get to it. This is because of the rather large UT logo and advertisements at the top of the page. Perhaps the navigation hierarchy can be moved to the top of the page for easier access?

It would be good to be able to mark forums as read, as well as being able to view a list of threads with unread posts (which I know exist in XenForo as "What's New").

Once these are added, the new software (XenForo) is a major improvement over the old software (vBulletin).

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at Tuesday Jun 16, 2015 9.17.23 AM.png
Where's the logout button?

Top right corner in the "Quick Navigation Menu"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at Tuesday Jun 16, 2015 9.17.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at Tuesday Jun 16, 2015 9.17.23 AM.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 357
There doesn't appear to be a way to see the Thread Name while you're in a thread.
I have to look at my URL to know what thread I'm reading, as I often open up several threads at once, and then read through them.

(Also... maybe those threads about "forum upgrades" from 2010 should be un-stickied? I nearly bumped that thread with my concerns.)

Now working.

How do I log off? I can't see that option anywhere.

Another point is that uploaded images are a tad small. I know they can be enlarged by clicking on it, but it'd be nice if they showed on the pages to be just as large as images that are linked.

All the old ones have been changed to the large size. Going forward members can choose full size or thumbnail when they upload.

Woo! Thanks!

The overall site header still is poorly proportioned for mobile, but I realize that's a fairly sizeable job to fix it. I'm just happy there's a mobile version at all.
Nice work.

Neat little feature. You can now easily quote a part of someones post . Just highlight the text you want to quote and hit the reply button.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at Tuesday Jun 16, 2015 10.13.15 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at Tuesday Jun 16, 2015 10.13.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at Tuesday Jun 16, 2015 10.13.15 AM.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 310

Back