Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

Document the noise (times, occurrences), record it if you can and submit to property management.

Was wondering if anyone else if experiencing an issue with the heater that have two different control panels. The heat doesn't evenly distribute to each room and that turning it up only results in a hot living room, no additional warmth to the other rooms.

had this problem this past weekend. Seems there are neighbours two floors above just shouting from like 11pm -2am
I am having the same issue with the bathroom facuet splashing water, they water is being twisted and not flow like kitchen faucet, so i reduce the water pressure at the bottom of the sink it helps a little bit

Well... I just had water damage due to a leak from the unit above. Happened just above the shower. Probably a good idea we do a full flood test (fill the bath tub/sinks right to the brim) to see how it handles it rather than finding out later and out of warranty.
sorry to hear that! i had a flood in my balcony where the water came into the bedroom they came to cut open the dry wall and will send someone to fix. when you say water damage you mean water came down from the ceiling into your lower bathroom? do you have any photos? i will post some

@fooman when I occupied the space back in December, the water wasn’t as hot.

It would make sense that it is based on demand. The shower does get a lot hotter now.

I also hope we can get a condo board established soon to sort out any other complaints. I think the neighbour above me is doing jumping jacks or exercising. Can tolerate for now but hopefully it’s not too frequent. Hallways are also being used as an outdoor space. I don’t mind kids running once in a while, kinda gives a close community feel but I do wish they are a little more considerate.
I have noticed the same about the hallway being used as an outdoor space - and a few people have been leaving their garbage out front of their door??? I hope this does not become a regular occurrence.

Our neighbour has a dog and we can hear the barking, so that's been a bit annoying. Have also noticed that said neighbour let's their dog pee on the balcony. And not on a pad of grass or anything, but just anywhere on the balcony. Caught on this weekend when I noticed that all of the snow on their balcony was completely yellow. Also hoping that this does not become a regular thing. I feel for the people below them...

Hi, wondering if there is anyone on here with Tax Background on Condo Assignment sales? For HST on selling on Assignment, as well as capital gains/business income questions, reporting of this.

Hi, does anyone have a good guess on closing date/month for the building? I'm wondering how much longer do I have to pay rent until it's finally closed

TIFU by using multipurpose cleaner (Mr. Clean) on the marble flooring in the washroom. Basically left a bunch of etch marks and I'm so upset! Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can fix this issue? Or know any professionals? Otherwise, consider this a PSA to all the other noobs out there, do not do what I did!

TIFU by using multipurpose cleaner (Mr. Clean) on the marble flooring in the washroom. Basically left a bunch of etch marks and I'm so upset! Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can fix this issue? Or know any professionals? Otherwise, consider this a PSA to all the other noobs out there, do not do what I did!
i guess it would depend on how bad? i think there are etch removers you can buy but i'm guessing it depends on how serious it is

@Ed09 this is happening on the 6th floor for me. The dog tends to bark when left unattended. They also use the hallway to play with the dog. Honestly I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it’s just people who may not be accustomed to condo living yet. I had problems with my neighbours above me in my previous condo when I could see a bag of poop hanging down above my balcony. I sent a photo to management and it was sorted out the next day. I’d like to think that they were just unaware.

@Tinax I’m gonna guess July. I inquired about this with Onni and said that it’s all up to the city now. They said that the city has a backlog of work to do because of the pandemic. I’m not surprised to hear this because TSSA is also having the same backlog after having to layoff so many people.

@sushilover any pics?

@stevenp
72FFED5A-A207-4478-BE21-7E97FF2F5762.png

i guess it would depend on how bad? i think there are etch removers you can buy but i'm guessing it depends on how serious it is
I really appreciate you letting us know about the pitfalls of using the wrong cleaner on the marble. Good luck getting the etching removed.

Was wondering if anyone else if experiencing an issue with the heater that have two different control panels. The heat doesn't evenly distribute to each room and that turning it up only results in a hot living room, no additional warmth to the other rooms.
I have a similar problem. One control panel controls the heat in one area and the other one only seems to blow cool air and I can't turn the fan off.

Okay I'm really sorry everyone, for likely spreading false information.... On further examination, I believe it was the acidic vomit that I was cleaning up with the Mr. Clean which caused the damage....... that said, marble is apparently very fragile and hard to care for :/

9496D491-8DF9-459C-8B8C-44FA5C024F71.jpeg

Well I just dripped WATER on the kitchen counter and wiped it immediately with a paper towel and that left wipe marks. Are these counters granite? Are they sealed? Has this happened to anyone else?

What is everyone doing with window curtain/panel/sheer? Can anyone recommend a company that does great job? thanks so much in advance!

Back