Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

Hi everyone - I live in the area and love the looks of this building and the awesome feedback I've read in this thread. Just hoping the awesome people here can clarify 2 things:

1. Is the address 38 Iannuzzi or 65 Grand Magazine? It says Grand Magazine on this site, but there is nothing on real estate sites listing that address with units for rent.
2. Can you confirm that not all units have been made available for occupancy yet. Just wondering, because I can't move for a few more months and am wondering if new units will continue to be put up for rent on a rolling basis.

TIA!!
The address was recently changed to 38 Iannuzzi Street from 65 Magazine Street.
As for move in dates, my condo on level 21, 25th floor will be ready on Feb. 23. So my best guess is all units will be available by March 15.

I hope this helps.

The address was recently changed to 38 Iannuzzi Street from 65 Magazine Street.
As for move in dates, my condo on level 21, 25th floor will be ready on Feb. 23. So my best guess is all units will be available by March 15.

I hope this helps.
Perfect - thank you!

Glad to see I’m not alone with being annoyed with the bathroom faucet splashing water everywhere. Been living here for a month this the only night where sound is coming out from another unit into mines. Hope this is not a normal occurrence since it’s 2am...

Glad to see I’m not alone with being annoyed with the bathroom faucet splashing water everywhere. Been living here for a month this the only night where sound is coming out from another unit into mines. Hope this is not a normal occurrence since it’s 2am...

That’s condo living. It should be rare and tbh I think people new to this kind of living just don’t understand how easily sound can travel.

I also find that the insulated glass doesn’t block the noise that well. It could be because I’m lower to the ground and that I wasn’t used to living next to the Gardiner. I like to pretend the sound of cars passing is the urban take of what ocean waves crashing into the shore sound like.

I just received my PDI on Feb. 17 for occupancy date of Feb. 23.There were quite a few defects - scratched tiles in the bathroom, missing grout on some of the bath wall tiles, scratches on the floor in the bathroom, vanity shelves damaged,
gap in window frame, etc. I’m really disappointed with the poor quality of the workmanship and now I’m wondering how long before all this is repaired.

we got our PDI at the end of January for a Feb. 2 occupancy. It was about a week before. At the time of the report, no toilets, fixtures, no island. the defects noted included grout and window issues, as well as a scratch on the cooktop.
Most were addressed before occupancy. The stovetop is still a problem but we'll add it to the 30 day list.

the most frustrating part of this process in the age of Covid is not being able to do the PDI ourselves and having to rely on a stranger's eyes to note these things before we get in.

we got our PDI at the end of January for a Feb. 2 occupancy. It was about a week before. At the time of the report, no toilets, fixtures, no island. the defects noted included grout and window issues, as well as a scratch on the cooktop.
Most were addressed before occupancy. The stovetop is still a problem but we'll add it to the 30 day list.

the most frustrating part of this process in the age of Covid is not being able to do the PDI ourselves and having to rely on a stranger's eyes to note these things before we get in.
Appreciate your response. I’m hopeful some of the shoddy work will be repaired or replaced before I move in, but I’m guessing there’s much to be done in the other condos as well.

Appreciate your response. I’m hopeful some of the shoddy work will be repaired or replaced before I move in, but I’m guessing there’s much to be done in the other condos as well.
If it puts your mind at ease, all of the defects noted on our PDI (missing mirror, missing island countertop etc) were fixed by the time we occupied except for some scratches on a cupboard . We of course found some other issues that we needed to list on our 24 hour form and 30 day Tarion form so I would recommend doing a full review of everything when you get in. But I hope most of the defects they listed on your PDI are resolved when you get your key :)

And to everyone moving in soon its important to remember that it is still an active construction site and that noise does reverberate through the floors and walls.

Its loud some days.

Hi everyone, wanted to know if your unit has "a rough-in suite entry door contacts and keypad for intrusion alarm system" installed as listed in the agreement? Mine's missing and I've reported it in the 24-hour form and the 30-day Tarion form, so far no one has contacted me to install it or fix any other issues that I've reported.

Could anyone who has already moved in kindly provide approximate dimensions of the kitchen island? I’m specifically looking for the dimensions of the fixed island, not the moveable island.

Thanks so much in advance!

Just as an FYI - had the superintendent come into the unit to check the hot water as it wasn't getting very hot. He noticed the issue as well. He said he couldn't do much about it as he thinks its the demand of water in the building. So he said to bring it up to onni care for anyone else possibly experiencing this. A bit concerned considering the buildling is not even fully occupied and the reason for lack of hot water is the demand during certain times of the day. Havent had that experience in any other condo but who knows

had this problem this past weekend. Seems there are neighbours two floors above just shouting from like 11pm -2am

Could anyone who has already moved in kindly provide approximate dimensions of the kitchen island? I’m specifically looking for the dimensions of the fixed island, not the moveable island.

Thanks so much in advance!
60 L x 30 W x 36 H, in inches

@fooman when I occupied the space back in December, the water wasn’t as hot.

It would make sense that it is based on demand. The shower does get a lot hotter now.

I also hope we can get a condo board established soon to sort out any other complaints. I think the neighbour above me is doing jumping jacks or exercising. Can tolerate for now but hopefully it’s not too frequent. Hallways are also being used as an outdoor space. I don’t mind kids running once in a while, kinda gives a close community feel but I do wish they are a little more considerate.

Back