News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 983     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

A US tradition is the creation of a 'presidential library'. I'm not sure if it is a prerequisite to confirm that the honoree can read and/or know what a book is. Perhaps a presidential mini-putt?

Unless it's a prison library.

Presenting the Donald Trump Library...
Chillicothe-Prison-Lib-wm.jpg

From link.

A US tradition is the creation of a 'presidential library'. I'm not sure if it is a prerequisite to confirm that the honoree can read and/or know what a book is. Perhaps a presidential mini-putt?

To be clear, the tradition is supposed to give ex-Presidents something to do. They have to fundraise for most of it. There usually isn't much public funding involved, unless it's colocated with a university campus or some other academic or literary facility. What is housed there is usually the administration's documents. I really have doubts Trump will ever build one. And if he did, the collection wouldn't be all that voluminous either.

To be clear, the tradition is supposed to give ex-Presidents something to do. They have to fundraise for most of it. There usually isn't much public funding involved, unless it's colocated with a university campus or some other academic or literary facility. What is housed there is usually the administration's documents. I really have doubts Trump will ever build one. And if he did, the collection wouldn't be all that voluminous either.

Maybe it'll have Donald Trump's income tax returns for the last 50 years? 😄

The funny thing is how those most seriously obsessed with adding another face (particularly those on the Reagan/Trump right) seem to have no clue regarding Mt. Rushmore as a finite artistic creation of a moment--they almost envisage it more like a "hall of fame" that can be freely added to according to the will of leadership and some such chosen mass populace.

Though it fits the overall Trump-era programmatic view of arts and design; sort of like, "timeless principles" as an alibi for running roughshod over anything preexisting--even, theoretically, that which reflected said "principles" in the past. (That is, I wouldn't put it above a second-term-and-beyond Trump to tear down the White House on behalf of a more "beautiful" replacement, offering the alibi that the present building's basically Harry Truman-era and hence "not historic", etc)
Not only does adding more faces affect the structural integrity of Mount Rushmore (the mountain only has so much room and has only so much suitable granite to carve on) and adding faces would be very expensive (the engineers and individual carvers need to eat and pay for their personal lifestyles after all), having numerous faces on it would cheapen the significance of the individual statues on the mountain. Instead of just Washington, Jefferson, T. Roosevelt, and Lincoln, imagine if it had a hundred faces with a few dozen of them being only significant for the most mundane reason.

There's an excellent reason why there are so many Photoshop tutorials to add faces on Mount Rushmore (most of which involve replacing an existing face rather than adding a new face alongside the existing four).

The closest thing to a "presidential library" I can envisage is Mar-a-Lago as a "house museum", come whatever moment the Trumps are forced to relinquish control.

The closest thing to a "presidential library" I can envisage is Mar-a-Lago as a "house museum", come whatever moment the Trumps are forced to relinquish control.

Trump always grifts donors. What makes you think he wouldn't do it for the Presidential Library. He'll raise like $100 million, pocket it and then put all the documents on display in the halls at Mar-A-Lago.

Trump always grifts donors. What makes you think he wouldn't do it for the Presidential Library. He'll raise like $100 million, pocket it and then put all the documents on display in the halls at Mar-A-Lago.

In his case, it'll be less about the "documents" than about the "memorabilia". Eff documents; they're only for nosy scholars. Just have display cases full of MAGA hats and other patriotic pro-Trump flotsam; maybe some Jon McNaughton "artwork" for good measure...

In his case, it'll be less about the "documents" than about the "memorabilia". Eff documents; they're only for nosy scholars. Just have display cases full of MAGA hats and other patriotic pro-Trump flotsam; maybe some Jon McNaughton "artwork" for good measure...
Seriously, what could make it to a Trump library ? In this bizarro world, tweets, executive orders, and his suspect golf score cards might be the only " tangible" records of his doing anything.

Back