Five Condos (Graywood Developments, Mod Developments) - Real Estate -

Are you measuring this entire unit based on the estimated size of a bed??

Here's a floor plan with listed measurements: Living Room 17'7 x 15'1, Den 8'8 x 5'9, Bedroom 8'2 x 11'6.

http://www.fivecondo.com/pdf/floorplans/674.pdf

I'm getting an estimated 615 square feet not including walls or balcony. So with walls added, it's close to the stated 674sqft give or take.

Maybe its slightly under, but not sure I'd say buyers of this particular unit were suckers...

Last edited:
Are you measuring this entire unit based on the estimated size of a bed??

Here's a floor plan with listed measurements: Living Room 17'7 x 15'1, Den 8'8 x 5'9, Bedroom 8'2 x 11'6.

http://www.fivecondo.com/pdf/floorplans/674.pdf

I'm getting an estimated 615 square feet not including walls or balcony. So with walls added, it's close to the stated 674sqft give or take.

Maybe its slightly under, but not sure I'd say buyers of this particular unit were suckers...

Yeah, when i size condos, i look at the big picture, as the broad math should work. When i eyeball this plan it looks roughly 33x20 to me which is about 660...so their 674 is very reasonable in this case.

As for fitting in the king size bed into the bedroom, you can just about forget about it! You really can't get king size beds into condo bedrooms anymore, with few exceptions. A queen is about as big as you can go, which is what i have, and it was tight in my last condo, but fits very well in my new condo.

Having said that, your only hope is to place it flush against the window, which would only allow for one side table. I had to do that in my last condo with the Queen, but it worked with only one side table. You may get the king and one side table to work in this bedroom. Best to get rid of the wife and downsize the bed IMO.

hey folks, here is a question - comparing a five's ph unit with 10' ceiling and a huge balcony(388 sqf), to a future casa 2's regular 9' ceiling unit, both east exposure, similar price, which one will be better for me? it's so hard for me to make a decision..

I would choose five for more reasons than one. but that's just me. You shouldn't listen to other people's opinions on where you want to live though, just make your decision on which one you think you would be more happy with down the road.

hey folks, here is a question - comparing a five's ph unit with 10' ceiling and a huge balcony(310 sqf), to a casa or future casa 2's regular 9' ceiling unit, both east exposure, if prices are similar, which one would be a better choice for me? it's so hard for me to make a decision..

Last edited:
hey thx for reply! i like the five condos. the layout is great, ceiling is high and balcony is huge as big as a terrace! but some of my friends told me casa is in yonge and bloor neighbourhood so it may get previleged in the future. but i think five's neighbourhood is great as well and close to queen's park and subway stn, right?

Last edited:
I'd also go with Five. While I'm not personally a huge fan of either location myself, I do feel that Five is really doing something special. It's been one of my favourite new condo developments to watch. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

hey thx for reply! i like the five condos. the layout is great, ceiling is high and balcony is huge as big as a terrace! but some of my friebds told me casa is in yonge and bloor neighbourhood so it may get previleged in the future. but i think five's neighbourhood is great as well and close to queen's park and subway stn, right?

Five is very close to Wellesley subway station, and right off of Yonge. Casa is on Charles a block east of Yonge and is a bit further from the Yonge/Bloor station. It can be called the Yonge-Bloor neighbourhood I guess, but not really.

yes i see five is really close to subway stn and queen's park. but i just confused by casa's yonge and bloor neighbourhood alot. thx for ur help!

yes i also realized that five's architecture design is a bit different from other ones closed by and looks special.

anyone could give me some advces on my choice? i'm currently considerring to buy a suite at five. there are two suites priced almost same. the ph 1 bedroom suite has 10 ft ceiling, 670 sq ft, very good layout, huge balcony(310 sqf), and east exposure. the other one is a regular 1+1 suite which has southwest exposure, 9 ft ceiling, relatively small balcony(100 sqf sth) and total 674 sq ft. the ph one is better in many aspects obvioulsly, but the regular one has better city skyline and u of t historic campus view. which one do u guys think is a better choice? :confused::confused:

Last edited:
hey folks, here is a question - comparing a five's ph unit with 10' ceiling and a huge balcony(310 sqf), to a casa or future casa 2's regular 9' ceiling unit, both east exposure, if prices are similar, which one would be a better choice for me? it's so hard for me to make a decision..

I believe a penthouse unit at Five Condos will be a better choice over a 9' ceiling unit at Casa 2. I love this condo project from day one. I have bought a unit here for myself, my family members have bought here and several of my investors and end users clients have bought here as well. There must be a reason for that. Buy at Five with confidence. :)

anyone could give me some advces on my choice? i'm currently considerring to buy a suite at five. there are two suites priced almost same. the ph 1 bedroom suite has 10 ft ceiling, 670 sq ft, very good layout, huge balcony(310 sqf), and east exposure. the other one is a regular 1+1 suite which has southwest exposure, 9 ft ceiling, relatively small balcony(100 sqf sth) and total 674 sq ft. the ph one is better in many aspects obvioulsly, but the regular one has better city skyline and u of t historic campus view. which one do u guys think is a better choice? :confused::confused:

Chris, both of them are great choices. It all comes down to what exactly are your wants and needs. Are you a investor or a end user? If you are a investor you should go with a unit that offers the best value. If you are a end user you should go for a unit that will make you happy there for years to come. I hope it helps!! :)

I believe a penthouse unit at Five Condos will be a better choice over a 9' ceiling unit at Casa 2. I love this condo project from day one. I have bought a unit here for myself, my family members have bought here and several of my investors and end users clients have bought here as well. There must be a reason for that. Buy at Five with confidence. :)

and do you intend to keep the unit(s) past the registration period?

why is it a good 'investment'?
how big is the unit and what kind of rents will it realistically get?
what % dp will be required to make this 'investment' positive cashflow?

Back