179     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 433     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

First Canadian Place marble panels falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an article in the paper last week about a hall in Finland or Sweden that was clad in the same material. It started coming off so they made a decision to reclad the entire building with the same marble. Within a few years the new cladding started to come off again. They need to redo FCP in something other than this marble. It obviously doesn't work as cladding.

it needs to be reclad in a material that looks somewhat the same. when i was talking about preservation i was talking about the design & lines, not about the marble.

i don't approve of the patchwork job.

The dappled south face - which is the most discoloured - looks quite spectacular. You've got to admire BeeeMo's chutzpa in going ahead and doing this re-clad, given how long it is taking. Watching it evolve reminds me of the French artist Orlan, who has been changing her appearance through plastic surgery for the past fifteen years at least.

The shabby chic of towers of yesteryear. All it needs is some vines and a rumpled dowager to greet you at the door with iced tea.

The dappled south face - which is the most discoloured - looks quite spectacular.

Craptacular.

BMO.jpg

That's not the window washer in that photo - it's the inspection gantry. The window washer is one building module (ie, four tiles) wide. It goes down, cleaning all the way, and then comes back to the top and cleans its way down again. If you have an office there, you see that it scrubs over both glass and marble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back