News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 595     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 969     2 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

That could be fairly soon to be quite honest. Especially given the number of vehicles that are out on the line now
The test service won't start until the bulk of the third class has been trained and has passed all tests.

Plus, there needs to be the hand-off from Crosslinx to Metrolinx. There are rumours about that date, but nothing concrete, unfortunately.

Dan

OT and what will this line see in 10 moths of opening for collisions?

Don't expect Edmonton administration to try to correct the Valley Line LRT collision problem

There are two ways to address this:

1) Install crossing gates

2) Reduce operation speeds at crossings

Realistically, only one of those options will be viable for administrators in both Edmonton and Toronto. Transit users will be inconvenienced but costs will be kept down as we collectively shrug.

Weirdly thanks to political bickering, Calgary still has a chance to avoid the low-floor, street-running, mass hysteria that North American transit planners have been caught up in for the past 15 years. I wouldn’t count on it though.

Canadians are just too nice. In the states, they would just put a big sign, STAY OFF THE TRACK OR GET HIT. Don't cross the tracks illegally. Here we cripple transit to cater to careless drivers.
The states??? Which states??? Surely not the United States, where any random idiot can sue anyone for any and all bodily harm they sustain unto themselves.

Where in the US, with its litigious culture, do you think you can put a sign "Stay off the track or get hit" and expect to be free from lawsuits? What you see in Canada is exactly what they have in the US, just on a far smaller scale.

I recently drove along finch. I saw people biking and walking on the tracks. I saw some people littering on tracks. Finally I saw a car turning left drive on the tracks by mistake. I can't help but worry about delays once the line opens up.

I recently drove along finch. I saw people biking and walking on the tracks. I saw some people littering on tracks. Finally I saw a car turning left drive on the tracks by mistake. I can't help but worry about delays once the line opens up.
Im certain when the line is active, less of this would actually occur :(

Statement by Metrolinx in this CityNews report. Link below.

Screenshot_2024-10-01_193251.jpg

Interesting, I thought the training delay for Finch LRT was a Metrolinx/TTC decision, because Finch is shorter and needs less employees to train. Eglinton having priority if you want to open both at the same time.

But Metrolinx is blaming Mosaic for holding up the schedule and causing a 6 week delay, and work is still not done for TTC operator classes on Finch West LRT to be able to start.

Statement by Metrolinx in this CityNews report. Link below.

View attachment 600795

Not sure telling someone suing you to get out of court and back to work will yield the results that they are looking for.

Did everyone in this government go to the Doug "I'll be up that guy's Ying Yang with a firecracker" Ford school of Diplomacy and Public Relations?

Back