News   Sep 26, 2024
 712     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 780     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

This citynews article also states they are very confident, but the quote is kind of in the middle of the page and isn't clear who said or when (in context of what they were saying last year):

1727305403932.png

I imagine someone @ UT will chime in...

Last edited:
In respect of the posts above, I have no reason to doubt them, but I would note that Phil Verster was saying in regards to both this and Line 5, that he would give 3 months notice of opening day. To achieve that, and open in 2024, would require a
press conference by next Monday, or at a stretch, Tuesday.

In respect of the posts above, I have no reason to doubt them, but I would note that Phil Verster was saying in regards to both this and Line 5, that he would give 3 months notice of opening day. To achieve that, and open in 2024, would require a
press conference by next Monday, or at a stretch, Tuesday.
Did he really state 3 month for Finch? I thought that was only Eglinton...

a minute here, a minute there, a seemingly small sacrifice in each case worthy of the safety or capacity increase. The problem is that a minute here a minute there multiplied across hundreds of similar decisions results in a city with infrastructure where you can never travel faster much quicker than walking speed.
A minute here and a minute there any everyone says "f___-it, I'll drive".

This citynews article also states they are very confident, but the quote is kind of in the middle of the page and isn't clear who said or when (in context of what they were saying last year):

View attachment 598919

I imagine someone @ UT will chime in...
Unless it is bad journalism, that reads as comments made by Andrew Hope in Dec 2023.

Did he really state 3 month for Finch? I thought that was only Eglinton...
It's neither - it's the TTC.

As I've stated elsewhere, the TTC needs two board periods of full system service testing before they will open it up for revenue service. And with most board periods being 6 weeks long or longer, that equals about 3 months.

And just to make it more clear, the second training class for the LRT division started this past Monday - and only at Eglinton.Like the first class, this crew will not get trained on Finch West until a later date, perhaps after revenue service starts.

Dan

As I've stated elsewhere, the TTC needs two board periods of full system service testing before they will open it up for revenue service. And with most board periods being 6 weeks long or longer, that equals about 3 months.

And just to make it more clear, the second training class for the LRT division started this past Monday - and only at Eglinton.Like the first class, this crew will not get trained on Finch West until a later date, perhaps after revenue service starts.

Dan
Who is running the UT twitter that made the claim that keesmat retweeted?

Who is running the UT twitter that made the claim that keesmat retweeted?
I think Keesmat is reading something into the UT tweet that isn't there...

The Urban Toronto tweet:
"🚉 With all of its stops and stations now complete, #Toronto's Finch West LRT seems to be on the right track. #transit #development #construction #urbanplanning tiktok.com/@urbantoronto/…"

I think Keesmat is reading something into the UT tweet that isn't there...

The Urban Toronto tweet:
"🚉 With all of its stops and stations now complete, #Toronto's Finch West LRT seems to be on the right track. #transit #development #construction #urbanplanning tiktok.com/@urbantoronto/…"
Did you watch the video? The UT video says metrolinx officials remain confident the Finch west LRT will open sometime before the end of this year.

So are they referencing the December 2023 statement I posted above in the city news article? If so, I don't think it's fair to say they 'remain confident' some 9 months later... It reads as if they recently stated so.

Anyways, a good example of being careful and diligent of what we put out... There is clearly some misinformation (somewhere).

Reactions: PL1
Did you watch the video? The UT video says metrolinx officials remain confident the Finch west LRT will open sometime before the end of this year.

So are they referencing the December 2023 statement I posted above in the city news article? If so, I don't think it's fair to say they 'remain confident' some 9 months later... It reads as if they recently stated so.

Anyways, a good example of being careful and diligent of what we put out... There is clearly some misinformation (somewhere).
Ah, caught not watching the video! Sorry about that.

"All the stations"? This line only adds one station to our network. The rest are stops..... Remove this from the Rapid Transit Network map, remove the Line 6 name.. put this on the streetcar map. It will run slower than the 501 Streetcar runs on its separated track along The Queensway.

Dan
Is the first class finished already?

Back