News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Vehicles driving into a streetcar tunnel are a fairly rare occasion. I remember that happening on Queens Quay once. Can't remember any occasions at the Spadina station, or at St Clair West.

How often does a subway get delayed by problems at the track level, or simply by a backlog of trains ahead? Every 4-th day? or every 3-rd?

^until it gets stuck by vehicles driving on the track or into the tunnel...
It wouldn't be too difficult to remove since these stations are straight unlike the streetcar tunnels.

If they build it with a flat surface like St Clair West or Humber loop, no vehicles would be stuck in the first place.

Vehicles driving into a streetcar tunnel are a fairly rare occasion. I remember that happening on Queens Quay once. Can't remember any occasions at the Spadina station, or at St Clair West.

How often does a subway get delayed by problems at the track level, or simply by a backlog of trains ahead? Every 4-th day? or every 3-rd?
Queens Quay happened quit alot until they put in the stopping gate...

I was going to say, it used to happen quite often, once every other month or so. It may not seem like much, but these are huge delays that can knock out the entire line for days. They're not like typical subway delays that result in maybe waiting 10 minutes for the next train or dealing with a slower trip, these are huge headaches that might seriously affect the outlook of your trip.

Also, even though there are a lot of subway delays, one has to remember that there are far more surface transit delays (for the average trip). A delay for the subway is 3 minutes off schedule, a delay for surface vehicles is usually 5 minutes off schedule.

But cars driving on the track is a huge problem in a lot of cities, and occasionally affects the streetcar lines here. It shouldn't be as big of an issue since most people are aware of the rules when rail vehicles are present, so I'd be more concerned with weather.

Next time they should just let the people transfer from the street level through multiple sets of escalators and or stairs so that the car fiasco won't happen. I'm pretty sure most transit users would prefer a longer transfer every time they use the system then once in a blue moon huge delays from a bad car driver. Actually maybe we should have just made It a subway. Subways never get delayed. Subways subways subways. Etobicoke deserves subways.

Next time they should just let the people transfer from the street level through multiple sets of escalators and or stairs so that the car fiasco won't happen. I'm pretty sure most transit users would prefer a longer transfer every time they use the system then once in a blue moon huge delays from a bad car driver. Actually maybe we should have just made It a subway. Subways never get delayed. Subways subways subways. Etobicoke deserves subways.
Instead of perpetuating your agenda why don't you listen to what other people have to say about different technologies? Every public transportation technology has their advantages and disadvantages, and with the Light Rail they are building on Finch, the interactions between cars and the rail is a disadvantage. Just because someone states those disadvantages doesn't mean they support a particular technology. I myself support the Finch plan. Am I going to ignore the challenges of it? No, absolutely not. In fact, it's extremely important to talk about said challenges to ensure that issues don't arise when the line is up and running.

Back