News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Do we have 2018 statistics yet for Finch West ridership?
With the opening of Finch West, the route is now 6km shorter - presumably with lower ridership than before when the bus went to Yonge.

The #36 will have lower peak ridership now, but the total ridership is likely to be up, since it became a relatively short path to the subway.

The #36 will have lower peak ridership now, but the total ridership is likely to be up, since it became a relatively short path to the subway.
Actual ridership would have dropped east of Keele as the 939B express service has taken away some of the ridership. Hopefully the next time TTC publishes route ridership data, they will separate the ridership for the 36A/D/F west of Keele, 36B Keele-Yonge plus 939B Keele-Yonge and 939 east of Yonge. If they lump the two section of 36 and same with the 939 as they usually do, it'll be meaningless to compare.

No one can tell how much riders take the 85J Sheppard East that runs parallel to Line 4 as it's included in the entire route but they run as a separate service besides early Sunday mornings. They should just give that another route number and name.

The full graphic:

fwlrt-educational-factsheet-101518-copy-1.jpg

From link.

Kind of funny that Toronto is about to get two new LRT lines, but for Mississauga and Hamilton it is very much uncertain. Ford gives Toronto "all" and those two cities nothing?

I think the correct term is not blocked, not moving ahead. (I think) We were all afraid that this project might get cancelled, not questioning if it will be approved to be built.

With all the secrecy the current Ford government has, those are the correct "terms" to be used. "Unknown" is another.

Kind of funny that Toronto is about to get two new LRT lines, but for Mississauga and Hamilton it is very much uncertain. Ford gives Toronto "all" and those two cities nothing?

I thought it's been obvious from the get-go that he acts like the premier of Toronto, not the premier of Ontario.

People complained that the Ontario government was Toronto-centric when Wynne was in power, and the complaints continue with Ford. Maybe Ontario is just an economic colony of Toronto at this point :cool:

This is not about the location, but the state of the project at the moment DoFo took reign. Eglinton is more than 50% done, would be totally silly to cancel now. Finch isn't under construction, but the contracts are signed and the cancellation penalties would be quite large.

By the way, my understanding is that the Kitchener - Waterloo line is surely moving ahead, isn't it? Not just Toronto ..

By the way, my understanding is that the Kitchener - Waterloo line is surely moving ahead, isn't it?
Unlike the Hamilton, Mississauga, Finch, Sheppard East, and Eglinton lines, the Waterloo line isn't funded by Metrolinx. It's an older project being managed by the city with federal and provincial contributions, similar to the recent Line 1 extension and the Ottawa LRT.

As they've been running test cars since 2017 iwth the opening scheduled for 2018 until recently, and now expected to open this spring - yet it's going ahead!

This is the project to watch. It might have a low profile compared to Eglinton, but the Eglinton line is mostly underground, thus effectively a subway.

Finch will be the first true surface LRT in this city, and will potentially have a revolutionary, transformative effect not only for surface transit in Toronto, but also for the hideous suburban corridor that it will be tasked to makeover.

If it doesn't live up to this very tall order, LRT in this city will be dead in the water.

I hope your right this area could use a boost. The two BIA's (Duke Heights and Emery Village) on the corridor should have their streetscape designs that "exceed current city standards" so I hope they don't cheap out on it. It'll be interesting to see each neighbourhood have it's own identity compared to the Highway 7 BRT which kind of looks the same all throughout (although at least it looks quite nice).

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-90775.pdf

This is the project to watch. It might have a low profile compared to Eglinton, but the Eglinton line is mostly underground, thus effectively a subway.

Finch will be the first true surface LRT in this city, and will potentially have a revolutionary, transformative effect not only for surface transit in Toronto, but also for the hideous suburban corridor that it will be tasked to makeover.

If it doesn't live up to this very tall order, LRT in this city will be dead in the water.

I agree. Finch is literally the first LRT, when you consider Eglinton is basically a subway as you were staying,

Back