News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Here's more proof that DoFo can't cancel Finch West
every time I hear people happy that Finch and Eglinton on street are proceeding, I actually hear "we are happy that Finch and Eglinton are going ahead, against Ford's desires because it will mean the delaying of countless billions in transit spending on other projects "
if Eglinton was not in street, it is much more likely Ford would have supported their extension.

every time I hear people happy that Finch and Eglinton on street are proceeding, I actually hear "we are happy that Finch and Eglinton are going ahead, against Ford's desires because it will mean the delaying of countless billions in transit spending on other projects "
if Eglinton was not in street, it is much more likely Ford would have supported their extension.

What, you don't think Finch or Eglinton shouldn't be built? I'm confused by statement..

What, you don't think Finch or Eglinton shouldn't be built? I'm confused by statement..
the West got the spacing extension. Shortening the trip to subway by 6km. The also got the UPE and (should have) got the Woodbine GO stop. I don't think Finch was a priority.

Eglinton should have been fully grade separated. It it were, no doubt West extension to airport (and past Ford riding) and East extension to Malvern (Ford supporting Scarborough) would have been announced

the entire insistence 12 years ago that all lines must be on street, at least partially, is what led us to almost nothing being built.

I don't think Finch was a priority.

While a continuous Eglinton line might be more valuable from the network perspective, Finch West has more existing riders than the outer portion of Eglinton West.

The Finch West residents are a bit lucky that their project advances ahead of other equally deserving corridors. However, Finch LRT is still a good idea.

Eglinton should have been fully grade separated. It it were, no doubt West extension to airport (and past Ford riding) and East extension to Malvern (Ford supporting Scarborough) would have been announced

We can resume this debate, once the Ford government begins the construction of SSE, and funds the Relief line. Both lines are fully grade separated, thus being on-street can't be an excuse for delaying them.

Last edited:
While a continuous Eglinton line might be more valuable from the network perspective, Finch West has more existing riders than the outer portion of Eglinton West.

The Finch West residents are a bit lucky that their project advances ahead of other equally deserving corridors. However, Finch LRT is still a good idea.

We can resume this debate, once the Ford government begins the construction of SSE, and funds the Relief line. Both lines are fully grade separated, thus being on-street can't be an excuse for delaying them.

You are correct about the existing 32 EGLINTON WEST Bus having less than the existing 36 FINCH WEST Bus. However, that is because the 32A terminates at Renforth Station. The 332 EGLINGTON WEST Blue Night Bus terminates at Pearson Airport, which the EGLINTON WEST LRT extension will also terminate at, resulting in a much higher ridership.

332map.gif

From link.

Eglinton West could be just fine with a proper busway and a bypass through the mess at the 401/27/427 interchange. Same with Sheppard East. Run a bunch of artics with all door boarding every 5 minute with transit priority is enough to carry 1000 pphpd.

You are correct about the existing 32 EGLINTON WEST Bus having less than the existing 36 FINCH WEST Bus. However, that is because the 32A terminates at Renforth Station. The 332 EGLINGTON WEST Blue Night Bus terminates at Pearson Airport, which the EGLINTON WEST LRT extension will also terminate at, resulting in a much higher ridership.

332map.gif

From link.
Do we have 2018 statistics yet for Finch West ridership?
With the opening of Finch West, the route is now 6km shorter - presumably with lower ridership than before when the bus went to Yonge.

Back