News   Apr 24, 2024
 924     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 610     0 

Fantasy Renderings

On the way to the ballroom I found a wrecking ball ... What They wanna do?
N0yVMGX.png

They ordered another balcony tower on an office & retail podium so what can a Nimby do?
z2AwjNA.png

They wanna make a pile of dough
bSuFIUt.png

They like things concrete, black brick and shiny metal
rYIlCeC.png

They like to zig zag with their glass ... not their marketing
Osn7cfW.png

They detest glass balconies that break
YONJNna.png

They hate thee
yanvhMQ.png

Time to start dressing up those 8000 square feet floor plates: Option #1 on the menu: concrete minimalism
DdyuV9q.png

NimbyTect's Yonge & Nimbyville is about as McCondo as you can get.
Fu2IyIc.png

gQOVuaB.png

Random pattern of balconies on a modernist grid approximately 60 storeys tall
ESnA8ej.png

Wonder what Option 2 will look like?

I gotta say, some of the latest renders are really interesting, I like them a lot, especially the Perkins Mansion rev. 1 :)

I gotta say, some of the latest renders are really interesting, I like them a lot, especially the Perkins Mansion rev. 1 :)

Not sure if it would work structurally though - no obvious core, no transfer slab, really narrow diagrids. Need unobtainium. Or revise for a Citigroup Center (NYC) type of solution.

AoD

Last edited:
^re: Perkins Mansion v1.1
Due to small floorplates of ~5000 sq ft, it's a single-loaded corridor design with the elevator core on the northern half of the building. Obviously my cantilevered structure isn't apparent in this quick sketch. I'm studying structure in more detail lately and hope to sketch out another design for the site soon. So yeah, those supports are puny and probably need an army of consultants to rubber stamp it.:p

Edit: Here's v1.05
ISd7ud6.png

In my quest for realism, I'm slowly adding more detail to my designs. Eg: YONGRE is option 2 for Yonge & Grenville, currently in the window dressing phase:
XqIHdG2.png

Need some balcony railings asap
PzjLXEn.png

Continues the pattern and textured concrete design as seen on the Perkins Mansion
4ck9n4G.png

Last edited:
NimbyTect remixes aA & Core Architects' aesthetic

And throws in more red brick because it's the right material for the right building:
1M9rYhu.png

(red brick not exactly as illustrated--I prefer the stuff aA puts on their DD podiums)

Proposed cladding: Sotawall's Hybrid-Wall, insulated precast w/ red brick veneer panels, tempered glass balconies sourced in China.

Up9lLUI.png

3t0lLFf.png

As per Toronto's Tall Buildings Guidelines, #Yonge #Grenville is the required 25 metres separation between that other tall building proposed to the north: 484 Yonge.
0Zpg2g4.png

It's always red brick time
RXCobhN.png

Podium in progress ... model suite stuck in a traffic jam.

Last edited:
^Although I said it was inspired by aA/Core, in truth I'm inspired more by Allies & Morrison's aesthetic--eg: Vauxhall Square. I have always felt aA/Core is sort of the Canadian equivalent of A&M, with more Dutch influences in aA's work and more practical British influences in Core's designs.

Originality wasn't the goal. It's a remix--call it the chill out mix. Mind you, it's the tower I've always secretly wished aA would design & more to the point, the design a developer would build.

You wanna see the bold **** I have in mind? It's coming.:D

As for the style of architecture I like--the point y'all should be getting is I like diversity. I just don't tolerate trash.

Last edited:
I am a fan of the RED brick, It would be exciting to see something that bold of a red, just not that oxide/ umber brown brick that people call red. A deep dark crimson red would make me happy whether the tower design was original or not. I really hate how people consider a tiny detail on a podium or a strip up one side an adequate amount of colour. Or even precast "red" brick aka brown now being considered colourful.

Back