News   Jul 12, 2024
 945     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Fantasy Renderings

Here's a conceptual model for 1 Bloor West 'The One':

15873824873_d73f8d6e29_c.jpg

16467956366_f259f2bc7b_z.jpg
thats a cool would-be building! hope some one gets inspired.

For those who may be interested, the Unreal engine in now available for free. While this is mostly used for game development, it is also a great tool for creating architectural renderings and flythroughs.
https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4

Here is an example:

[video=youtube;eTt7AGIpV2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTt7AGIpV2I[/video]

Last edited:
Speaking of unreal stuff ...

NimbyTect Neighbourhood 2.0 is back! While the streetwall doctor gets his car tuned here monthly--what a ****in hypocrite--his nimby patient wants it towed far south of lakeshore....
7j3jVtm.png

To be remedied with some JUNKshun NimbyTecture
S6T899R.png

unreal engine indeed!

JUNKshun is now 2.5% sold!

Which means the streetwall doctor will own a P1 sometime in the next century....

Some nimbies dig for gold; here they're digging the pink sheets!
2eYcqpi.png

Others may shun the junk
mGSwEVg.png

And go for street cred
zyLVXgR.png

The only thing keeping the Duke happy is the lack of futures
pGjIdb4.png

Any options left?

NimbyTect Neighbourhood 3.0 = The Danforth

Directly across Playter Blvd from that beastly black brick thing above is another classic Danforth strip of rubbish:
PBIjH5Y.png

Why not insert something slightly worse like
z04pVUq.png

Danforth & Playter Lofts perhaps?
JBau2bG.png

Modest, simple 6 storey streetwall.

Walking up Spadina past all those cool Toronto architects in their old warehouse offices made me wonder: What if the NimbyTect had a staff of 45? And where would we fit in? Something "simple" and new like Mr Clewes would approve?

pyj8FZv.png

Maybe.

Simple and shiny just like an iphone or galaxy s6 edge. Our number: 325-333 Spadina Avenue.

Saturday I was standing right here wondering WTF could possibly go here someday?
iyMUlx8.png

This morning I did some research into the site: built c.1860s for a businessman named Frederick Perkins. Such an interesting old home that's needing a serious New York-style facelift :D

A good thing that the NimbyTect had a day off to play around in SketchUp. Inspired by my 2013 vision $crewball EuroFAB and 2014's greyed eh, behold The Perkins Mansion--a 40 storey tower of concrete and glass, with a very Manhattan floorplate of around 4000 sq ft (could be up to 5000 sq ft if I rejig it slightly) and at most, 5 units per floor.

Google Earth c.2030?
AelR48G.png

5porJWI.png

You thought I was going to wipe Mr Perkins off the map?
IrWdoG8.png

Nope. Going to restore this Second Empire beauty and turn on the folks across the street.
qXIWp3S.png

NimbyTect's The Perkins Mansion is going to impress those scary foreign investors for sure!
GjfY0Z7.png

XuwAjnm.png

High Peter: someone has got a thing for you!
LaYvnia.png

Roses are red, concrete is new
nimbies are beat, this mansions for you!
k7VdV6t.png

Back