News   Apr 18, 2024
 403     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 372     0 

Fantasy Renderings

What happens when you see a stack of Samsung smartphones and mistake them for a balcony tower?
qLVHSuU.png

POP Condos - bringing you the popular features that sell 400 sq ft condos: bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, closets, balconies and a view?

h6OfLaE.png

POP Condos - downtown Yonge's most POPular condominium project?
EmMYYqO.png

^You know Samsung has a construction company that does just that.

Meanwhile, my mind's turned from 475 Yonge--another Lanterra project I believe--which is the site of NimbyTect's POP Condos vision, to the Adelaide & Spadina neighbourhood: Adelaide West 2
bi06oF8.png

Complimenting its nearby neighbour Adelaide West, AW2 rises 10 storeys just west of Spadina.

I was looking at Theatre Park yesterday so then this morning I was feeling kind of inspired to spend 3 hours window dressing in sketchup: NimbyTect's attempt at counting in Chinese may be wrong, but I can count to 100 storeys!
2mPWz71.png

I'm really struggling to knockoff the aA point tower aesthetic
JI89JLp.png

But it's got an elevator core/emerg staircases/etc and 8 units per floor with 8000 sqft floorplates.
MxuQpmF.png

It's also got a shiny curvy exoskeleton frame thingy running up the side
CkaFsHP.png

Oh my and has it got a sexy NimbyTect neighbour under construction to the right!

Last edited:
^Thanks.

But I'm going to keep remixing it until I find the only one I'd actually like to see get built. Here's one: Yonge & Metal for that Lanterra site at Yonge & Wood:
0GMKq1a.png

(After 3 years playing around in SketchUp, I've finally found the glazing solution that best mimics Sotawall's Hybrid-Wall.)

I've said before and I'll say it again: Why are you not an architect? You're more creative and talented than most locals in the field. I imagine many firms would love your ideas and would like to have you aboard. Most of your work is too good to just be an exercise.

Someday I wanna stop producing mediocre **** like XOXO skeleton
UktwWUY.png

Translation: new design language needed for the Chinese foreign investors at Yonge & Bloor
4406awy.png

With the stock market tanking and currency devaluation, I've raised my expectations you horrid window dressing NimbyTect
47NpPDm.png

What do window dressers do when they're feeling uninspired: break some vision glass or stack pallets of window wall? I've been in that rut recently but here's a rather tame proposal for that hideous TCHC hQ opposite Rosedale Station:

Delete
v5FCYCR.png

Insert ~60 storeys of something way sexier than
NLOeoYM.png

iIPc4yo.png

v95AHVB.png

Back