318     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Exhibition Place

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Unless the UT indexing has vanished there seems to be no general thread on Exhibition Place. I am creating this because there are two quite interesting restoration proposals coming to the Board on 14 November.

The restoration of the McGillivray Fountain See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.EP15.37 and

a Bridge between the Beanfield Centre and Hotel X. See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.EP15.38

This has a rendering: See: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/ep/bgrd/backgroundfile-121484.pdf

Is the McGillivray fountain the concrete Modernist one over by the Dufferin Gate? I'd be thrilled to see that one restored.

I'm not sure the future role of the Exhibtion grounds midway/theme park based.

But certainly if that is to play a role, they really do need at least one signature (permanent) ride.

I really don't want to see a Ferris Wheel as that is just done too much these days.

A classic, wooden roller coaster, lit-up in neon colours reminiscent of the 70s might be one option (thought the business case would surely require running said rider for a much longer season than the CNE.

I'm not sure the future role of the Exhibtion grounds midway/theme park based.

But certainly if that is to play a role, they really do need at least one signature (permanent) ride.

I really don't want to see a Ferris Wheel as that is just done too much these days.

A classic, wooden roller coaster, lit-up in neon colours reminiscent of the 70s might be one option (thought the business case would surely require running said rider for a much longer season than the CNE.
If the Ex gets an RMC hybrid coaster, it would be very interesting.

Amusement Insiders once made a video about rumours Cedar Point is getting rid of Wicked Twister. It also looks good in the Ex.

Exhibition Place Master Plan will be going before the Nov. DRP - some additional info:

The info presented so far at the public meetings looks like a big amphorous yawn, and nothing that hasn't been discussed to death before.

AoD

If the Ex gets an RMC hybrid coaster, it would be very interesting.

Amusement Insiders once made a video about rumours Cedar Point is getting rid of Wicked Twister. It also looks good in the Ex.

How about a coaster to transfer between the Exhibition streetcar loop and Ontario Place and then back again. That'll make the babies wide-eyed.

Last edited:
Received via email:

Subject:Exhibition Place Master Plan - Public Open House #3

Please join us for the next Public Open House to view the emerging Master Plan strategies for Exhibition Place:

Monday, January 13, 2020
Doors Open 6:00 to 8:30 pm

Beanfield Centre at Exhibition Place
105 Princes' Boulevard, Room 201 ABC
Elevator available at north entrance

www.toronto.ca/nextplaceplan
nextplaceplan@toronto.ca

Display Boards from Open House #3:

1583803448603.png

Rather unimaginative meh that bends to the dictates of all the limitations around it.

AoD

Back