Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Hi newbuyer, what I mean is I am using vertical blinds at my current place. It is installed by professionals and I think they will know how to install it in condo as well.

No worries, Pinklucy.

Probey, which company that you used to install blinds? Any recommendation without breaking the bank?

Check the rules that come with your declaration and other docs. White backed curtains is a pretty standard rule. Generally, the neutral colour is required just for the backing so your drapes can be any colour on the inside.

Hi, thanks for the info, I was going to ask about a white liner on the side facing outside, I can completely understand wanting to have uniformity from the outside.

Didn't realize about the mold around the carpet. Thanks for the tip. I will be checking on the unit daily

Sorry to hear that Sudesignh. Hopefully you and everyone else affected gets everything resolved.

I have my PDI next week. Finally get to see what I bought after 5 long years.

OMG it is happening again. Another flooding is happening as I speak right now on the 4th floor. :(
Firemen are on site. Waterfalls coming down the emergency exit stairwell.

How can this keep happening? What is wrong?!? I feel so sorry for people on the 4th floor and down.

wow...i was interested in this location/building...but with these problems i will be staying away

OMG it is happening again. Another flooding is happening as I speak right now on the 4th floor. :(

How can this keep happening? What is wrong?!? I feel so sorry for people on the 4th floor and down.

What is the management saying New Buyer? Obviously this is highly concerning to all existing and future residents.

What is the management saying New Buyer? Obviously this is highly concerning to all existing and future residents.

I don't know what will the management say about it. However, the residents always can inquire Emerald City about the incidents. As you know, the management also did not inform the rest of the residents who were not effected by the first flood. They did not post any posting on the common areas. I think they should.

However, I've been told by people who involved in dealing with the second flood that they heard the second flood happened due to piping defect.

Disclaimer: I cannot confirm the validity of this information. This information was communicated to me by a third party. Please contact the management directly for further information.

2nd Water Incident

I just can't believe this - 2nd water incident. I visited my unit today and there was some water around. The dry wall was damp. The flooring has all been ripped, and high speed blowers have been placed, drying the structure for the past 3-4 days. Here's what I got from the builder today, with regards to the 2nd incident:

I'm planning on writing to them and ask them to have a face-2-face / teleconference for the residence.
------------------------------
Dear Homeowners,

On behalf of your developer, Elad Canada Inc., we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused from the events that have taken place since December 27th. As you are aware, last night there was a leak that occurred on the 4th floor. We are currently investigating this leak with our construction teams. As a result, emergency crews have been put in place to begin remedial work.

The process of drying the structure has commenced. In affected units that are vacant, security will accompany crew members as they work to extract water and put drying equipment in place if it is not already in your unit.

At this time, if you have not already done so, we ask that you contact your insurance providers to discuss what options you have available to you. Our builder insurance will be covering all costs associated with restoring your unit back to its original condition including the flooring. If you have any personal belongings that have been damaged your insurance company will work with you to have these replaced. In the event you need alternate living arrangements due to the damage in your unit, please call me to discuss.

Once we can confirm the structure is completely dry, this will allow us to commence the remedial work and begin repairing your home, as well as the common areas.

Elad Canada Inc. will do everything we can to restore your unit back to its original condition as fast as we can. We appreciate your patience during this difficult time and will continue to provide you with further information as it becomes available.

If there is anything you need or you have any questions, I am available at 416-886-1379.

Thank you,

Lightning Strikes Twice!

I can confirm this, as it was my unit that got flooded twice. First by an adjacent unit across the hallway, and second by a pipe burst in my unit.
I can also confirm that this was not caused by a frozen pipeline, since the heat was left on 26 degree plus on high setting in the unit after the first incident, and
From what I gather with the crew and builder's representative, the pipe that exploded are the heating vent pipeline.
"The one that circulate hot water in the winter, and icy cold water in the summer to regulate the temperature in the building"

Long story short, all furniture is destroyed along with clothing and personal artifacts.
I am in the process to file a claim with my insurance company, but I am sure I will have to pay the deductible.

I will post more detail as I learn more on Monday with my insurance company and Tarion/

Oh wow, sorry to hear to the folks who were affected by the flood. Was not aware of this as I'm so busy getting to move in soon on the 15th floor. Hope things will work out...

Hi Animatrix,
When is your firm occupancy date? As far as you know is it still the same or has it been changed to a later date?
I'm on 35th and my firm occupancy is Feb 11 2014...

Finished the PDI. Our occupancy date has not changed yet and we are on the 21st floor. We noticed alot of little things in the PDI, alot more than we anticipated. For those who haven't done their PDI pay close attention the Kitchen cabinets and Bathroom cabinets.... there was damage to both for our unit - also the caulking was done pretty sloppily around the door to the balcony and around the kitchen and bathroom. 1 hour definitely went by very quickly! btw... I asked about the parking and locker but was told that we wouldn't see those until we got our keys. Is that typical?

Finished the PDI. Our occupancy date has not changed yet and we are on the 21st floor. We noticed alot of little things in the PDI, alot more than we anticipated. For those who haven't done their PDI pay close attention the Kitchen cabinets and Bathroom cabinets.... there was damage to both for our unit - also the caulking was done pretty sloppily around the door to the balcony and around the kitchen and bathroom. 1 hour definitely went by very quickly! btw... I asked about the parking and locker but was told that we wouldn't see those until we got our keys. Is that typical?

I believe the caulking in my condo is okay. Can you post some pictures Techia?

Also, parking and locker were not available during my PDI as well. I believe that yours most likely are ready. If you know where they are located just go down and check them your self.

Back