Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Make them replace everything. Check to be sure the drywall is indeed dry (you can get a moisture metre); that carpet should come up because of potential mold.

Drywall, both in the units and in the halls should be cut and replaced about three feet of the ground. Drywall once wet will never dry properly and will result in mold.

Make them replace everything. Check to be sure the drywall is indeed dry (you can get a moisture metre); that carpet should come up because of potential mold.

Didn't realize about the mold around the carpet. Thanks for the tip. I will be checking on the unit daily

On different topic, I saw someone put up a black curtain on their window. It looks weird and it should have been all white or beige. Does the management have power to tell these guys to not use dark curtain? Or, do we have to wait until the board is assembled?

Never lived in a condo before so I am not sure if this type of complaint is typical, but I don't think I would want to live in a condo where the board dictates how I decorate my home.

Didn't realize about the mold around the carpet. Thanks for the tip. I will be checking on the unit daily

Good luck with everything!
Could you force them to redo entire unit from top to bottom? What about the kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities etc? Wouldn't all of that be damaged by water and humidity?

Never lived in a condo before so I am not sure if this type of complaint is typical, but I don't think I would want to live in a condo where the board dictates how I decorate my home.

I rented a condo before and they have a policy that you can only put white or beige colour curtain. They believe that when people put too many different colours of curtain from outside it makes the building look lower class. That's why I throw the question here.

It may sounds silly but how do you guys the resident of Emerald city put up your curtain rod? What type of mounts do you use and where do you mount them? My windows does not have space between the upper window side and the ceiling. The window frame is made from steel/fiberglass I believe and the ceiling is concrete. Can we mount curtain rods on the wall on the sides? Sorry....I don't have experience putting up curtain rods.

As far as I know, most condos will request tenants to use "neutral colour" for curtains, because the board wants to keep the uniform look of the tower when looked from afar. The most common choices are white, beige, and grey.

I really don't have any experience for curtain rods because I am using vertical blinds which use mounting brackets in really tight space.

As far as I know, most condos will request tenants to use "neutral colour" for curtains, because the board wants to keep the uniform look of the tower when looked from afar. The most common choices are white, beige, and grey.

I really don't have any experience for curtain rods because I am using vertical blinds which use mounting brackets in really tight space.

That's exactly what I meant, and black is not a "neutral colour".

Where do you mount the mounting brackets, Probey? Did you install it yourself?

I rented a condo before and they have a policy that you can only put white or beige colour curtain. They believe that when people put too many different colours of curtain from outside it makes the building look lower class. That's why I throw the question here.
Check the rules that come with your declaration and other docs. White backed curtains is a pretty standard rule. Generally, the neutral colour is required just for the backing so your drapes can be any colour on the inside.

Check the rules that come with your declaration and other docs. White backed curtains is a pretty standard rule. Generally, the neutral colour is required just for the backing so your drapes can be any colour on the inside.

I know that, but this one particular unit has a black backed curtain that is obviously facing outside.

I was responding to the person who said they didn't like the idea of being told how to decorate :) sorry, I shouldn't have quoted your post

That's exactly what I meant, and black is not a "neutral colour".

Where do you mount the mounting brackets, Probey? Did you install it yourself?

Hi newbuyer, what I mean is I am using vertical blinds at my current place. It is installed by professionals and I think they will know how to install it in condo as well.

Back