Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

There are dings on my hardwood floor. Do you think they will fix them?

Also, where can I purchase the hvac filter replacement. I checked CT but nothing look like the one that I have.

That is unfortunate about your floor, you can certainly try and have them fix it. Do you think you missed it during PDI or is it something that happened after ? Certainly does not hurt to try. I am not sure what type of filter you have but if it just the foam type they usually sell that by the roll. I would suspect its new and clogged with construction dust. It would probably look good as new if you try and vacuum it. If you pm me a photo I might be able to tell you where to find one.

About my floor, I didn't miss it. It was fine before. However, they did fix some things that I pointed during my PDI. I suspected that it happened on days between PDI and the day I move in when they went in and fixed some things.

About my filter, it has a wire frame. It is not like the ones they sell on CT with paper frame.

Then I would certainly bring up the floors and see what they are prepared to do. Property Manager should be able to tell you where to find the filters. They may even have some there.

What do you guys think of Ikea, EQ3, and Structube? How do they compare against each other? Is it worth the money to pay double or triple the price of Ikea to get EQ3 or Structube furniture? I don't care whether they are made in Canada or elsewhere. I just need the quality and reliability.

What do you guys think of Ikea, EQ3, and Structube? How do they compare against each other? Is it worth the money to pay double or triple the price of Ikea to get EQ3 or Structube furniture? I don't care whether they are made in Canada or elsewhere. I just need the quality and reliability.

Structube is Ikea IMO. EQ3 is a step up but even some of their stuff is cheap. I would wait for sales at both of these places. You really have to know what kind of furniture to pick. EQ3 does have some good stuff (herman miller line)..structube too. I just wouldn't buy a couch or bed or anything that would get regular use unless you plan on replacing it within the next few years.

The return policies suck. I bought a lamp from EQ3. The thing was defective the day I got it. They wouldn't even let me exchange it.

Honestly, a lot of these places have similar quality at jacked up prices. I have several things from "Gus/Stylegarage" and the quality is no better than Ikea in some regards. Just have to be smart on what you buy.

PS: Casalife has a big boxing day sale. If you like EQ3/Structube stuff. You'll like their stuff.

Some other places I shop that are similar to the ones you listed:
CB2
Urban Barn
blvdinteriors.com
west elm
gh johnson

I only buy sale stuff, though. Never regular price.

I guess I didn't answer your question. I would not pay triple the price for something at structube. Never. Probably not at eq3 either, to tell you the truth.

Hi newbuyer, hope you are doing fine. I lost power on Sat. 3am and just got my power back yesterday at 1am.

I used a portable gas stove to boil water to heat up the house and get hot coffee at the same time. Thank god power has returned when I was on my last can of gas.

Merry Christmas to all!

Hi Probey and every other Emerald future residents,

If you have not heard yet, today sometime in the afternoon a pipe burst on the fifth or fourth floor that caused flood everywhere. Hallways are filled with water. Water also dripping down badly into the lobby. Literally, you could hear waterfalls in the elevator shafts. For a minute, I thought they were washing down the elevator shafts. The damages are mount to millions of $$$ from just what I could see.I went up to the 4th floor and I could see water pouring in to hallway like a waterfalls. My jaw dropped.
They shut down all the elevators and don't have an ETA when they will be back operational. Majority of units from the 5th floor down, and lobby will need to be redone. People were taking pictures as well as.
This has caused inconvenience to many people and I feel terribly sorry for people on the floors that are affected.

Are you serious? Didn't a water pipe burst not too long ago before this? Is this really bad luck or juts incompetent management?

Are you serious? Didn't a water pipe burst not too long ago before this? Is this really bad luck or juts incompetent management?

I am dead serious. If you don't believe me, please stop by in the lobby or go straight directly to the 4th and 5th floor.
They said that it is because of the cold weather and it happened in the suite that is not occupied.

Bursting water pipes aren't generally the result of incompetent management but more likely improper/shoddy construction practices. Your first board is going to have to be diligent in its choice of engineers for the performance audit and in following up on deficiencies with the builder

Sorry to hear that, I hope everyone is doing ok.

If the water pipe burst is on the 5th floor, i suspect it is the pipe that connects to pool of the outdoor patio.

I hope I am correct because lower floors units are occupied and heat is generated from those units and there is no way unoccupied unit will be that cold that causes water pipe to break.

4th Floor Flooding

I'm on the 4th floor, but haven't moved in yet. I got an email from Customer Care and rushed to the unit last night. The clean-up crew was busy on 4th, 3rd, and 2nd floors.

Today (Dec. 28th) I went in the afternoon, they has taken off the entire baseboard in my unit (and probably all other units) and were drying. The wood floor has started to warp. The bedroom carpet was soaking.

The bottom half of the wallpaper in the hallways was also folded up and the bottom half of the dry walls were being dried.

The contractor mentioned they'll be there until Tuesday. After that if the insurance company decides, the floors will be ripped. The floor will be fixed by the builder (confirmed in an email).

On the main floor I saw over 20-30 driers. They'll be putting those up later today.

It seems it was quite a large pipe that burst and one that was close to the wall.

Attached are images from my unit.

Attachments

• IMG-20131228-00044.jpg
    IMG-20131228-00044.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG-20131228-00043.jpg
    IMG-20131228-00043.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG-20131228-00042.jpg
    IMG-20131228-00042.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG-20131228-00041.jpg