E Condos (Bazis, Metropia, RioCan) - Real Estate -

and some information about occupancy fee,
  • $0.59/sqft monthly maintenance fee
  • $193.45 monthly parking/locker fee. Bazis sold them for $63,000 back in 2012
  • They overestimated the property tax by 50% more than what the city provides here. DON'T FORGET to request the difference back upon the final closing. Many builders just keep the money unless requested.

Eyeyoon, you're funny,..... are you really expecting money back from Bazis? Please, do your homework!

When it comes to Final Closing,... I strongly suspect it will be another Bazis-style Final Closing where you will have to pay up an additional $15,000 to $30,000 immediately in "surprise closing fees", plus 6+ years of interest (their interest rate BTW is higher than market),.... oh, and with your property tax, you better make sure Bazis actually paid it for you,.... and which month!

Last edited:
No noise... But heard a whirring in the lobby. My corner view is completely obstructed by those metal cages. Sucks. It's such a nice view too. There was no wind when I went though.
No noise... But heard a whirring in the lobby. My corner view is completely obstructed by those metal cages. Sucks. It's such a nice view too. There was no wind when I went though.
sorry to hear that , they should have designed to allow at least on side of the corner units being unblocked at all in view ,
btw mine isn't a corner unit and I haven't done my PDI yet but I believe either my bedroom or living room view would be blocked by those damn metal cages , I'd rather prefer the bedroom rather than living room though ?

sorry to hear that , they should have designed to allow at least on side of the corner units being unblocked at all in view ,
btw mine isn't a corner unit and I haven't done my PDI yet but I believe either my bedroom or living room view would be blocked by those damn metal cages , I'd rather prefer the bedroom rather than living room though ?
If I must choose, I'd rather have my bedroom obstructed by the metal screens, rather than living room obstructed

If I must choose, I'd rather have my bedroom obstructed by the metal screens, rather than living room obstructed
ya that's exactly what I meant , it's way better to have an unblock view outside the living room , blinds would be down most of the time anyways in the bedroom.

Basis is going to lose a lot of money if thry have to replace the “skin”. Has something like this ever happened?
Unfortunately, they are not going to lose any money from replacing the screens.
Bazis only caps the "Existing Levy" at X dollars in the purchase agreement, then later forces purchaser to pay all the additional costs occurred during the time of construction under the name of "New Levy".
They will probably charge extra $5-10k upon the final closing, on top of the existing levy mentioned in the agreement. That's what Bazis did for Emerald Park as well.

Bazis only caps the "Existing Levy" at X dollars in the purchase agreement, then later forces purchaser to pay all the additional costs occurred during the time of construction under the name of "New Levy".
They will probably charge extra $5-10k upon the final closing, on top of the existing levy mentioned in the agreement. That's what Bazis did for Emerald Park as well.

"New Levy" does not include construction costs. If Bazis could pass on additional construction costs to their buyers, Bazis wouldn't have any financial incentives to cut corners like we've seen at CrystalBlu & EmeraldPark,...

BTW, EmeraldPark final closing cost was about $15-20K per unit.

I suspect your "New Levy" will bring your Final Closing cost closer to $20-30K per unit. HINT: figure out what "New Levy" covers.

The cost to fix the wind noise will be paid by Bazis,... I'd be surprise if it's a proper fix, more like a cheap temporary hack-fix like vinyl/plastic wrap (ie: industrial plastic tape) on panel - it'll be trash in a few years, when Bazis is gone and it'll be up to Condo corp (condo owners) to cover the cost of a permanent fix.

Last edited:
"New Levy" does not include construction costs. If Bazis could pass on additional construction costs to their buyers, Bazis wouldn't have any financial incentives to cut corners like we've seen at CrystalBlu & EmeraldPark,...

BTW, EmeraldPark final closing cost was about $15-20K per unit.

I suspect your "New Levy" will bring your Final Closing cost closer to $20-30K per unit. HINT: figure out what "New Levy" covers.

The cost to fix the wind noise will be paid by Bazis,... I'd be surprise if it's a proper fix, more like a cheap temporary hack-fix like vinyl wrap on panel - it'll be trash in a few years, when Bazis is gone and it'll be up to Condo corp (condo owners) to cover the cost of a permanent fix.
I can't remember what exactly "New Levy" covered for my Emerald Park unit few years ago. As you mentioned, I indeed received the invoice with a surprising additional levy of $10k upon final closing.
I doubt Bazis will do anything different for E-Condos this time.

If the cost to fix the wind noise is to be paid by Bazis, I guess that explains why they are not simply removing the screens...

Ah yes, the reminder of why I stopped buying precon. Got pummelled on the last project and still not close to how bad things are now.

Hi All. Myself and my wife moved recently into E condos. The sound is just unbearable. I am not able to understand how some people are bearing it for months. I called the management and they said they gonna fix the dampeners tomorrow. Is this temperory solution working?

Hi All. Myself and my wife moved recently into E condos. The sound is just unbearable. I am not able to understand how some people are bearing it for months. I called the management and they said they gonna fix the dampeners tomorrow. Is this temperory solution working?
Unfortunately, no....

1. Recessed light in shower stall stopped working. I opened the cover and found a dead, burnt out bulb inside.
Then I realized they used a light bulb with a clear warning "Use in dry location only. Not suitable for enclosed, recessed luminaries" on it.
This is a completely enclosed recessed light in a shower stall.....
Drove to nearest Canadian Tire and purchased a bulb suitable for damp and enclosed location. Replaced a bulb myself and problem is fixed.

2. Moen S7170 is used for Kitchen Faucet. However, they installed the the handle incorrectly. The handle is supposed to be on the right side, not front..
And because of this misplacement, if you turn the handle to the left, you get cold water. If you turn it to right, you get hot water. This is exactly the opposite of all other faucets in the unit.. It's left=hot water and right=cold water everywhere else.
If they installed it properly, it would make sense. Front=cold water, push back=hot water.
Now I need to remember that ONLY for kitchen faucet, it works the opposite way.. I checked the pictures of the other units, and they installed it this way for all other units as well.

Tiny things, but indeed annoying.

Last edited:
1. Recessed light in shower stall stopped working. I opened the cover and found a dead, burnt out bulb inside.
Then I realized they used a light bulb with a clear warning "Use in dry location only. Not suitable for enclosed, recessed luminaries" on it.
This is a completely enclosed recessed light in a shower stall.....
Drove to nearest Canadian Tire and purchased a bulb suitable for damp and enclosed location. Replaced a bulb myself and problem is fixed.

Am I the only one perplex as to why Bazis would be installing CFL light bulbs in new condo units??? Maybe left overs from their failed One Bloor project (2007-2009). I'm surprised you could still buy CFL light bulbs at Crappy-Tire, even Dollarama don't carry them anymore!

Most households have converted to LED years ago,... LED light bulbs are:
  • more energy efficient (getting similar brightness with less wattage; 9W LED would get the same 850lumens that 13W CFL does, multiply that by how many light bulbs are in E-condo tower and you'll see why Bazis e-condo don't deserve LEED certification!)
  • have longer lifespan
  • have better colour rendering (soft light, cool-white, daylight) making your environment look clearer and less artificial
BTW, those 2700K are Soft-White (yellowish hue most folks prefer in bedroom & low light dining room); 5000K Daylight (blue hue) are generally better for bathroom, kitchen, living rooms (& retail) where you want a more natural (high definition) daylight. 4000K Cool-White (harsh white light) are usually more common in utility, garages.

2. Moen S7170 is used for Kitchen Faucet. However, they installed the the handle incorrectly. The handle is supposed to be on the right side, not front..
And because of this misplacement, if you turn the handle to the left, you get cold water. If you turn it to right, you get hot water. This is exactly the opposite of all other faucets in the unit.. It's left=hot water and right=cold water everywhere else.
If they installed it properly, it would make sense. Front=cold water, push back=hot water.
Now I need to remember that ONLY for kitchen faucet, it works the opposite way.. I checked the pictures of the other units, and they installed it this way for all other units as well.
View attachment 177577

Maybe they wouldn't have enough clearance if handle was installed on the side? But installing it in front might splash water onto your hand & sleeves if you're not careful.

Easy way to fix the right-hot, left-cold mix-up is to switch hot-cold water line connection to faucet underneath the sink,... easy only if there's already a water valve there to turn off the water during repair.

Last edited:

Back