E Condos (Bazis, Metropia, RioCan) - Real Estate -

Yeah people grow up. I live there... and I work from home. It's bad on windy nights, but I don't have issues sleeping.

If anyone wants to dump me their unit for a "sound discount" (pun, oh, hahaha) please send me a PM.

I think it depends on the direction of your unit. North facing I don't have any issues, except on really windy days like yesterday... but no issues sleeping. Just that annoying hum sound.
Hello! We are about to rent a unit at this condo and had just known about this noise issue. When we viewed the unit, we heard a little bit of noise and asked the realtor what was it all about and he just said it’s probably just construction. We didn’t know that it’s a design issue until we saw the forums but we have already made an offer to lease (form 400). Does anybody know whether the noise is still there? And how can it be resolved, if possible? We will rent a unit at 40+ floor.
May I know which direction is the unit facing to ?

Yeah people grow up. I live there... and I work from home. It's bad on windy nights, but I don't have issues sleeping.

If anyone wants to dump me their unit for a "sound discount" (pun, oh, hahaha) please send me a PM.
grow up? just because your unit doesn't have the bad noise or you can't hear it well, please don't assume all other units are the same. This condo has over 600 units.

just because your unit doesn't have the bad noise or you can't hear it well, please don't assume all other units are the same. This condo has over 600 units.

sorry i did not mean you specifically. I meant people in general.

Does anybody have any updates on the wind/noise issue? We just moved in and I can’t believe how loud it is. I believe they are installing dampeners to address the vibrations. Has the noise ceased on the floors where they have been installed? I don’t know how we can stay if they don’t fix this issue.

Does anybody have any updates on the wind/noise issue? We just moved in and I can’t believe how loud it is. I believe they are installing dampeners to address the vibrations. Has the noise ceased on the floors where they have been installed? I don’t know how we can stay if they don’t fix this issue.
I don't believe it is really an issue? According to @dryang ? There is a further discussion on this front in the Real Estate thread:

It's definitely loud at times. I've been hearing it throughout the day today. Last night it lasted most of the night. We had no trouble sleeping though. It may be louder for others... nobody in the building talks about it. Nobody mentions it in the lobby. The only place people really mentioned the noise is here on this forum. That could be because rarely do people gloat about the good things on forums...

The noise had me worried before moving in. But I purchased a good quality bed and I'm okay. I don't have any issues at night and I'm a light sleeping. But, as some people on this forum have pointed out, I may not be having issues because I am the most lucky person in the entire building. One out of 100s.... who isn't affected.

As for what is being done about it, the management has reported that they are currently installing dampers floor by floor. Right now they are somewhere in the 40s and they are not only doing units that are unoccupied; they are doing all of the units for the floor they are working on regardless of occupancy.

Update on the noise: I am one of the people who had the deafening noise in my unit, with recorderings as proof.

Last week they installed the dampeners in my unit and it eliminated the noise. So everyone hand in there! I felt your pain and I understand how unbearable the noise can be but there is a light at the end of this tunnel!

Hello! We are about to rent a unit at this condo and had just known about this noise issue. When we viewed the unit, we heard a little bit of noise and asked the realtor what was it all about and he just said it’s probably just construction. We didn’t know that it’s a design issue until we saw the forums but we have already made an offer to lease (form 400). Does anybody know whether the noise is still there? And how can it be resolved, if possible? We will rent a unit at 40+ floor.
Hey Mel Im in a couple of floors under you and the noise is resolved on my unit, pretty sure they started with the upper floors so you shouldn’t have a problem.

I had my PDI today. After a rocky start, I had a builder representative that went with us about every detail and was very proactive about explaining all the process and was good and finding the areas where the builder would need to work.

I didn't hear any whistle and the solution (those bars across the cladding) seems to have an impact on the noise.

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_104716.jpg
    IMG_20190704_104716.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_20190704_104714.jpg
    IMG_20190704_104714.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 429
I had my PDI today. After a rocky start, I had a builder representative that went with us about every detail and was very proactive about explaining all the process and was good and finding the areas where the builder would need to work.

I didn't hear any whistle and the solution (those bars across the cladding) seems to have an impact on the noise.

I think I know the guy who did your PDI... from when he did mine. Saw him in the lobby this morning. Good guy. Very thorough.

The whistle sound has been diminishing for sure. I don't hear it like I did when I first moved in, early May.

wow. just couple weeks left before the final closing, and they just emailed the new Disclosure Statement which basically indicates two things.
1. There is 15% increase in maintenance fee after the final closing, compared to what they charged after the occupancy closing.
2. Inflation rate of 7.5% will be applied per annum each year after December 31, 2019

I'm speechless. Seriously?
- Where did 7.5% inflation rate come from?
- Charing $0.69 per sqft for the maintenance fee which does NOT cover ANY utilities. Residents are separately charged with cold water, hot water, cooling, heating, AND hydro.
- Charging additional $222/month for a parking and a locker that residents already paid $60k-70k to purchase.

This is simply non-sense. I can't believe they are even legally allowed to do such things.

Last edited:

Back