E Condos (Bazis, Metropia, RioCan) - Real Estate -

This is pre-con buying 101. The maintenance fee they show you in the sales office is nothing close to what it will end up being once the building closes. Closing is where builders get to go for the jugular.

I feel like its really good news for the future of the rental property market that companies like RioCan and Choice Properties are seriously getting into owning rental properties.Plus those companies own a ton of land they can turn into rentals.
For sure, the city needs a lot more of this. The units look pretty nice too, although a little small from what I've seen: I don't think I could live in a 692 Square feet 2 bed but maybe I'm just old lol.

For sure, the city needs a lot more of this. The units look pretty nice too, although a little small from what I've seen: I don't think I could live in a 692 Square feet 2 bed but maybe I'm just old lol.

The city particularly needs apartments that are less than $45-$60+/sq. ft. per year, which only households making far above the median income in Toronto can afford.

The city particularly needs apartments that are less than $45-$60+/sq. ft. per year, which only households making far above the median income in Toronto can afford.
Yeah, I'm referencing size not price per square foot, unless i'm misinterpreting your post. It's been my understanding that smaller condo units have a higher price per square foot and don't often translate to significant savings when it comes to rent?

Yeah, I'm referencing size not price per square foot, unless i'm misinterpreting your post. It's been my understanding that smaller condo units have a higher price per square foot and don't often translate to significant savings when it comes to rent?

You are correct; the smaller the apt. the larger the rent is per sq. ft. I agree we need more rental apartments but I wonder if investments in such buildings would continue up to the point where prices would come down and, therefore, make them less profitable. I mean, $4000+ a month for a 2-bedroom?

You are correct; the smaller the apt. the larger the rent is per sq. ft. I agree we need more rental apartments but I wonder if investments in such buildings would continue up to the point where prices would come down and, therefore, make them less profitable. I mean, $4000+ a month for a 2-bedroom?
No easy solution, for sure. And you're probably right that at some point these units will become less profitable for investors. Even $3000 a month for a 2 bedroom is an insanely high price.

No easy solution, for sure. And you're probably right that at some point these units will become less profitable for investors. Even $3000 a month for a 2 bedroom is an insanely high price.
$3000 for a 2 bed is more or less the going rate these days..

It's actually cheaper to live in the New York City area than it is in Toronto!
No it isnt. It costs close to $3000 to find a 1 bedroom/1 bed+den in most of Brooklyn, and let's not even touch on Manhattan where many would have to sell one of their kidneys to afford a couple months worth of rent (ie: if you're interested in paying $5000/month for a 1 bedroom then it's the spot for you).

Has anyone been successful in getting their property tax refund (overpayment during occupancy to the builder) back from the builder?

Successfully gotten $1600 in property taxes refund back after a month. If you bought a unit at 8 Eglinton, email si@metropia.ca for a refund on property taxes paid during the interim occupancy

Last edited:
Hi owners/tenants of ECondos,

My name is Jack of unit 812.

If you are an owner at ECondos, I am contacting you to remind you to request for your property tax refund from Metropia/Bazis as you have all overpaid for it during the interim occupancy period all the up to December 31, 2019. You would have to calculate the refund and email Shannon Innes <si@metropia.ca> and/or 'Veronika Belovich' <veronika@bazis.ca>. I requested mine in Mid-June and I just got the refund cheque for $1,639.83 last week(this amount will be different for everyone depending on your unit and your occupancy period).

If you are an owner or tenant of ECondos, I would like to invite you to the Facebook group I have started. Please invite everyone that you know in the building. We can share ideas, complaints, and rent parking/storage units.

Thank you,

Jack
Unit 812

Last edited:

Back