E Condos (Bazis, Metropia, RioCan) - Real Estate -

Did you get a chance to review your agreement? I hope there wasn't anything surprising!

Hey you were right! I read over my agreement and there is a part that specifically caps the Exisiting Levy but no mention of the cap applying to the “New Levy”. Any advice on what to do?

The intrusive screen would fit squarely in the con column for me if.I were considering purchasing the condo. Perhaps other factors such as price, location, layout etc would outweigh the obstructed view, but everything else being more or less equal, I would buy elsewhere.

If the screen is only affecting the bedroom, I would be totally okay with that. The darker the bedroom is at night the better, there should still be plenty of daylight coming in though. Plus it gives a sizable balcony privacy nook where you can enjoy the fresh air wearing nothing more than underwear (and possibly less). Now, if the screen were in front of the living room, I would have a problem with it.

If the screen is only affecting the bedroom, I would be totally okay with that. The darker the bedroom is at night the better, there should still be plenty of daylight coming in though. Plus it gives a sizable balcony privacy nook where you can enjoy the fresh air wearing nothing more than underwear (and possibly less). Now, if the screen were in front of the living room, I would have a problem with it.

Agreed- I could see it being a very cozy balcony nook that might offer some level of environmental/ privacy protection over the typical over-exposed balconies seen in most projects.

My friend bought a unit in this building about 5 or 6 years ago when it first hit the market, and apparently even then such small unit sizes were palatable. Imagine how much smaller the units are about to get with the current per sq.ft. prices?

On a side note, I am really looking forward to swimming in the pool with glass walls overseeing the city skyline half way up the building. Can't wait until my friend takes possession!

I don't get why so many developers use the boring, stark, white framed windows and not black ones on the interiors. Especially modern buildings. It just looks better IMO.

In case anyone wants detailed measurements of the 1B+D. I took these yesterday but do your own if you want exact numbers.
econdo measurements.jpg

Back