News   May 21, 2024
 423     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 500     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 393     0 

Downtown Yonge

This venue sure has had a lot of names, it opened as The Pantages in 1920, became The Imperial in 1930, The Imperial Six in 1973, the Pantages again in 1986, The Canon in 2001 and now The Ed Mirvish (which I really like) in 2011.

Downtown Yonge BIA Executive Director James Robinson & Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam welcome Panera Bread to the neighborhood.

I walked by it yesterday. Looking nice.
I remember there was some sort of plan to transform the Dundas-Gerrard section of Yonge St, to widen the curb and make it more pleasant to walk on etc but haven't seen much happening. Stores on both sides are in crappy shape. The College-Bloor section already has several projects already.

Just thought this page could use some photos.
Yonge at the Hall of Fame:

tablesatHallofFame.jpg

and this is slightly north at the Wellington intersection:

YongeWsideatWellington.jpg

I just passed by the new Panera. I love the "light stripes thing" on top of the building. It's a nice compliment to the illuminated Ryerson building.

The NYC clothing store has left the store next to HMV and moved further north up the street.

That place really gets around, that's the third move in about a year.

The NYC clothing store has left the store next to HMV and moved further north up the street.

And good riddance! It was tacky, low-grade, and did NOT belong there. Hopefully, what takes its place won't be (yet) another luggage shop or cash advance place. Oy vey.

Firkin on Yonge just opened up North of Queen on the East Side - it's pretty cool, two-storeys, very 1960's mod décor.

Google Maps is now calling the downtown part of Yonge Street "Old Yonge Street" ????

I just noticed that too. It actually seems to alternate between Yonge and Old Yonge north of downtown, often within the space of a couple of blocks. Weird.

Seeing as there really is an "Old Yonge Street" up in North York this could cause confusion.
I used the report link but I doubt they will do any thing.
I have reported several problems to Google Maps but they are non responsive.

Back