News   Jul 12, 2024
 894     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 802     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 333     0 

Downtown Yonge

Looks like a fire trap to me, people deserve better living conditions than this in Toronto. Good riddance.

Yeah, Marina House: the place which announces itself to the street with Ford-Nation-election-sign colours. (Wish someone could grab a picture to show what I'm talking about.)

Can we start a Condo complaint thread?

I live at College Park and in the past 2 years we have been inundated with partying students that make life for us 9 to 5 er's brutal.

I'd like to know where I can move to so that I don't get waken up at 5am by a bunch of trust fund rampaging students. I like where I live but my boss tells me if I want a good night sleep move to the suburbs.

There must be some condos in that area that are relatively free of unruly ungrads? Anybody have suggestions?

It might depend on the floor, but I live at One City Hall and I have not really had any problems in my current unit. Maybe one loud-ish party on a weekend night once or twice per year. So I'm hoping my neighbours stay for next year. It might depend on your neighbours though because I see quite a few undergrad-looking kids in the common areas, so I know they live in the building.

however, College Park seems particularly bad from comments from friends who have lived there. Halloween weekend is probably really bringing the problem to light.

Most pre-00's built condos/loft conversions downtown have very low investment rentals in them vs. owner occupied though it can vary in some buildings close to Ryerson. In many cases you'll find considerably larger sized units in these buildings too, the only downside I can think of is heat pump systems were only starting to become the norm around 2000-2004 so there's only A/C available from May 15-Sept. 14th.

I live at College Park and in the past 2 years we have been inundated with partying students that make life for us 9 to 5 er's brutal.

I'd like to know where I can move to so that I don't get waken up at 5am by a bunch of trust fund rampaging students. I like where I live but my boss tells me if I want a good night sleep move to the suburbs.

You probably should considering moving to a building which is primarily one-bedroom apartments. College kids tend to share 2/3 bedrooms I think. Plus, staying a bit distance from UofT is probably a good idea as well, for example, south of Dundas. Stay away from Bay St, particularly between Elm and Charles, where UofT students tend to cluster.

I live at the Met condos and have a lot of Ryerson students in the building though i haven't had a single issue with late parties.
I lived in the suburbs of Montreal and would wake up at 6am, now living downtown i get 2 extra hours of sleep. That extra sleep is worth a lot of money for me.

however, College Park seems particularly bad from comments from friends who have lived there. Halloween weekend is probably really bringing the problem to light.

It is particularly interesting that the glass canopy above the Starbucks is shattered on a regular basis - likely from items thrown off balconies from above. The other night was really troublesome - the parade of cabs dropping off people and the number of people "tailgating" through the FOB controlled entry door when the concierge and security guard were off dealing (presumably) with trouble was extra disturbing.

I think the "CP" in "College Park 2" can now be rephrased as standing for "Central Party too..."

It is particularly interesting that the glass canopy above the Starbucks is shattered on a regular basis - likely from items thrown off balconies from above. The other night was really troublesome - the parade of cabs dropping off people and the number of people "tailgating" through the FOB controlled entry door when the concierge and security guard were off dealing (presumably) with trouble was extra disturbing.

I think the "CP" in "College Park 2" can now be rephrased as standing for "Central Party too..."

That's unfortunate, I hope there are close by condos where you can escape that sort of atmosphere.

So long as the real estate market and economy remains strong in Toronto investors will continue to flood in, buy blocks of units in buildings downtown and rent them out. It's a problem that isn't going away anytime soon.

Noticed the that most of Canon Theatre's "Canon Theatre" signage is gone and the marquee isn't lit up. Anybody know what's up?

I'm going to assume that's for a filming of some sort...? Not sure how you can find out about filming shoots and locations for sure though.

Noticed the that most of Canon Theatre's "Canon Theatre" signage is gone and the marquee isn't lit up. Anybody know what's up?

Mirvish is making a "special announcement" on December 6th. There was some speculation that the Canon Theatre will be renamed the Mirvish Theatre. That the sign is missing tells me there may be some truth to that rumour.

388616_10150983929470640_346913040639_21671247_815550527_n.jpg

Back