News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 805     0 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

I think Pusateri's and Big Carrot are worth adding. (Actually, I've never been in The Big Carrot. Is it a full-service grocery store?)

I've left out both of the Longo's in the PATH because they're not even open on weekends.

Is the Sobey's in College Park actually u/c? Or was it only announced?

I think Pusateri's and Big Carrot are worth adding. (Actually, I've never been in The Big Carrot. Is it a full-service grocery store?)

I've left out both of the Longo's in the PATH because they're not even open on weekends.

Is the Sobey's in College Park actually u/c? Or was it only announced?

The Big Carrot is fantastic, and it is a full service grocery store.

I'm not whether a store is open weekends should matter. If stores in the PATH are excluded, I would have thought it was due to size (more akin to a Rabba than a supermarket) rather than hours of operation. How big are those Longo's stores?

I've updated the map. Realized that I had also missed the Freshmart in Kensington.

Central Toronto Grocery Stores Google Map

I wish Google had three icons per colour (not just dot and dotless) so I could differentiate between large full-service stores and smaller locations.

Nice work on the map.

Another supermarket you might want to add, since it is within the boundaries shown, is the Summerhill Market on Summerhill ave.

http://www.summerhillmarket.com/

Not many people know about this store as it is tucked away deep inside Rosedale but it is a full-fledged market on the same level of Pusateri's in terms of quality and price.

Nice work on the map.

Another supermarket you might want to add, since it is within the boundaries shown, is the Summerhill Market on Summerhill ave.

http://www.summerhillmarket.com/

Not many people know about this store as it is tucked away deep inside Rosedale but it is a full-fledged market on the same level of Pusateri's in terms of quality and price.

Thanks! Added to the map.

Besides the Fiesta Farms on Christie, there's also a Sobey's under construction at College Park. It will be west of the Metro.

How big will that Sobey's be? There's a small Sobey's Urban Fresh a few blocks north of Yonge, and when Loblaws opens in Maple Leaf Gardens, that will be well served, if not overserved area compared to so many others in central Toronto.

I can only find a reference stating that it will be a flagship Urban Fresh store, opening in the fall this year.

If you leave out the Kensington Freshmart (which doesn't really feel like a full grocery store anyway), the huge hole in the west end jumps right out at you. Queen and Broadview is pretty bad as well.

Can't believe I forgot Fiesta Farms! I'll add it.

I left off the College Park Sobeys because I'm not sure if it is actually under construction or if it has only been announced?

Back