News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 790     0 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

There is a No Frills opening on March 4th in the Toronto Sun Building, Front & Princess.

I noticed you have omitted Fresh & Wild from the map, specifically at King & Spadina.
I've not been in one, so I wouldn't know if there's a specific reason they should be excluded, but to me they look similar to Longo's small format stores.
Wasn't one of these going to open in The Distillery District?

The Fresh & Wild in the Distillery quickly abandoned the "Fresh & Wild" branding and is now "The Distillery Market." They're renovating right now (but still open).

It's hard to say where to place a "lower limit" on the grocery stores to include.

I've never been in a Fresh and Wild so it slipped my mind. Do they have a full range of groceries? Let's say...

- Deli
- Fresh Meat
- Produce
- Baked Goods
- Decent selection of Dry Goods

Also, is Fresh and Wild independent, or is it owned by a larger company?

I have to say that a grocery "store" I have been using a lot in the past few years (more specifically, about 150 times - they put your number of orders on the invoice!) is Grocery Gateway, owned by Longos, of course. I have had very few problems with them over the years, and all have been resolved to my satisfaction. The drivers are never late, the produce and meat are top quality and it is incredibly convenient when you're busy, don't own a car and generally couldn't be bothered with the crowds at your local store (in my case, it's the Metro at Yonge and College).

Kitchen Table in the Atrium on Bay should be on the map no?

China town has 4 supermarkets also, all Chinese obviously.

Kitchen Table would fall into the same category as Rabba and the like - falling somewhere in between grocery stores and convenience stores. I'm not sure what to call that, but they probably shouldn't be included on CDL's map.

Not to disappoint anyone, but borrowing news from another thread, so CDL can update his great map! Whole Foods, Bathurst & Front, joins the list.

Loblaws Queen & Portland opens this week too; from what I've heard, it's going to be a great store.

Hey CDL,

Great update.

You're missing 1 Sobeys, 2451 Danforth (about 1.5 blocks west of Main st.)

Didn't notice anything else.

Back