News   Jun 25, 2024
 909     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 831     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

I checked out the one at Hurontario/Dundas and I thought the entrance was very evocative of Ikea. The Ikea-style layout is not for the entire store, but for the produce, bakery/deli and one grocery power-aisle. I find it caused a lot of congestion in the produce area and made the store feel smaller than it is.

That said, it's head and shoulders above Price Chopper, but I doubt they can meet the price point of No Frills.

The Freshco roll out continues.........

I've been told the Vic Park/Gerrard location staff were told last week that a conversion will occur this fall.

Not exactly downtown, but as this has sort of become the defacto grocery store thread....

Pape and Beaches IGA's have been re-bannered as FOODLAND , by Sobeys. An odd choice I think as this banner has never been used in Toronto before to my knowledge.

Also for this thread, a full supermarket major is signed for North York City centre in Emerald City condos, not sure who yet.

Not exactly downtown, but as this has sort of become the defacto grocery store thread....

Pape and Beaches IGA's have been re-bannered as FOODLAND , by Sobeys. An odd choice I think as this banner has never been used in Toronto before to my knowledge.

Also for this thread, a full supermarket major is signed for North York City centre in Emerald City condos, not sure who yet.

In regard to the NYCC grocery store at Emerald City, I'd expect it to be one of the stores in the Sobeys line-up. Metro will be going into the Tridel development on the South East corner and there is a Loblaws at Empress Walk (just noth of Sheppard) and another Metro at Northtown, just a block below Finch.

^^^^

Actually, its Whole Foods doing into the Tridel development (Hullmark)

I would think it unlikely that it will be Loblaws, but that leaves open almost every other major.

Just came back from shopping at Longo's at MLS. I like it :) Lots of tasty things to tempt for sure. I was surprised at the price of some of the staples I buy -- they were on par or even cheaper; I'd expected them to be higher.

Free parking for up to 90 minutes if you spend $30; the cashier validates your ticket. Worked like a charm.

The FreshCo store in Regent Park opened this weekend. Big, bright and airy. The forced one-way-flow is not as severe as the earlier stores in Mississauga, but the produce, bakery, and frozen foods do have their own separate "rooms" within the store. Prices were lower than elsewhere, but not as low as expected. Some surprising non-discount products available (lots of cheeses, imported British cereal, etc). Looked like free parking for up to 90 minutes, but you can't take the carts outside the store. Would definitely return ...

I just went to the Longo's at MLS... Best grocery store in Toronto as far as I'm concerned. The produce selection at Whole Foods is insignificant by comparison. The section at Longo's is very well maintained and has a considerably better selection. Lots of organic foods - including fresh, not frozen, organic meat from Beretta.

I agree Bayer; it's a beautiful store, very well done, great product selection.

wow and the prices are cheep! A lot of products compare to suburban pricing - hey I love at Y&E but would consider shopping their : ) - free parking with over $30 ? Sounds good to me!

Back