News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 794     0 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

I would not describe it as such!

Nor would I! Never mind that the map says it shows "supermarkets". I've decided that the large-convenience-store/small-supermarket stores like Rabba and Kitchen Table won't be included as the line gets way too fuzzy.

Nor would I! Never mind that the map says it shows "supermarkets". I've decided that the large-convenience-store/small-supermarket stores like Rabba and Kitchen Table won't be included as the line gets way too fuzzy.

Not to get into a fight but I think Rabba might be included, in theory one could do almost all of one's grocery shoppng at a Rabba - they have canned goods, fresh produce, meat, cleaning and houshold 'hardware' supplies and often a deli.

King West Grocery Store Rumours

This is a fantastic thread. Anyone know or have updates on the following rumors I have heard about my neighborhood (King & Tecumseth/King & Bathurst)?

McEwans - The Thompson Residences (formally TravelLodge site)
Whole Foods - at Front and Bathurst
Longos - 775 King Street West (new Minto building)

Really interested in finding out what is coming our way!

This is a fantastic thread. Anyone know or have updates on the following rumors I have heard about my neighborhood (King & Tecumseth/King & Bathurst)?

McEwans - The Thompson Residences (formally TravelLodge site)
Whole Foods - at Front and Bathurst
Longos - 775 King Street West (new Minto building)

Really interested in finding out what is coming our way!

Ok...

Whole Foods is in...... (they have a deal w/the developer, obviously timing is subject to the developments marketing and sales and construction......(not confirmed publicly by them)

McEwan......long rumoured to be looking at a downtown location and this one has been mentioned, have no official confirmation

Longos King West....? Hmmm, first I've heard of it..........interesting rumour.

No Frills at 555 Sherbourne is closing in a few weeks.
A Google search found that it is either being replaced by a Freshco or demolished for a new apartment tower.
Anyone know?

No Frills at 555 Sherbourne is closing in a few weeks.
A Google search found that it is either being replaced by a Freshco or demolished for a new apartment tower.
Anyone know?

There is a new rental apartment tower planned at this site (see below thread) so I assume it is being closed so that construction can begin on the new tower. No-Frills is rumored to be moving into Greenwin Square (where Goodwill used to be). I also heard a rumor that a Sobey's will open in this spot once the new tower is completed - but who knows - perhaps they are not going ahead with the new rental tower and Sobey's (or its Freshmart chain) will be moving into space vacated by this No-Frills. Time will tell.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...-(Medallion-Properties-43s-Page-Steele)/page7

Just looked at your supermarket map. Sobey's Urban Fresh at Yonge & Breadalbane has been closed since mid-April.

Oops! Thought I had deleted that one. Thanks!

I'm wondering if the St. Clair/Runnymede and Dufferin Mall Walmart Supercentres should be added as they have basic grocery selection similar to smaller No Frills or Food Basics stores.

Good point. They might be Walmarts but they do have a pretty "full" supermarket selection. I've added them in.

Loblaws going in as the ground floor tenant of DNA3 condo according to reputable RE agent Andrew Lafleur:

BREAKING: canderel announces the ground floor tenant @dna3condos is....@LoblawsON! Congrats to everyone who bought. Going to be AWESOME

So I guess the usual medical/dental, bank, dry cleaner retail that most condos have will at least be confined to a proper grocery store.

Back