News   Aug 13, 2024
 213     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 848     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Well I'll be looking for an analysis of cut/cover in addition to an analysis of building in the SRT corridor. I'm not satisfied at all that the TTC or planning staff have worked to control project costs.

Not sure what to expect. But they are fully aware that the media and the usual subway riding Councillors are salivating to pounce on any uncrossed t in the report. So im hopeful they have done this type of detailed analysis. It may also be the reason its going back because they know it will be under the microscope and there needs to be ample support for any recommendation

Last edited:
Where are the stats to prove that there is a bigger appetite. QUOTE="OneCity, post: 1190271, member: 69891"]You are confusing Operation budgets with Capital. There is an appetite to build Public everywhere in the City. There is no unity for the Operations until more public transit is built in this City. That is why you are seeing this type of Politics of high Capital, Low Operational. Ya its odd, but people without quality public transit don't care, nor should they

I have always warned those that oppose the SSE to actually promote it and the Eglinton LRT line. The more unity this City has and more use for public transit the greater the pressure will be one day on a future Mayor. Until then its "first world" problem only in the City

The only stat you need is to look at a transit map of Toronto and try to figure out why there is such little support for Operational costs but high Capital costs right now. One day this will be very different.

Not sure what to expect, but they are fully aware the media and other are salivating to pounce on any uncrossed t in the report. So im hopeful they have done this type of analysis. It may also be the reason its going back because they know it will be under the microscope and there needs to be ample support for any recommendation

Recall that Metrolinx did a fairly comprehensive feasibility study of extending the subway in the SRT corridor. The TTC rejected the findings of that study, without ever providing technical explanation as to why they believe it would not work. The TTC may very well be right, but their apparent haphazardness shook my confidence in them. An extensive and detailed fesability study deserves and extensive and detailed rebuttal, if you're to dismiss its findings.

The only stat you need is to look at a transit map of Toronto and try to figure out why there is such little support for Operational costs but high Capital costs right now. One day this will be very different.
Looking at a map will not convince me that any more people are willing to pay taxes for a subway; especially one most will never use

Recall that Metrolinx did a fairly comprehensive feasibility study of extending the subway in the SRT corridor. The TTC rejected the findings of that study, without ever providing technical explanation as to why they believe it would not work. The TTC may very well be right, but their apparent haphazardness shook my confidence in them. An extensive and detailed fesability study deserves and extensive and detailed rebuttal, if you're to dismiss its findings.

I believe it would have caused the to expropriate a couple feet of land from the back parking lots of some industries if I remember. Nothing major or insurmountable from what I heard but at the time any extra effort whether simple or not it was likely enough to make them shy away...

Last edited:
Looking at a map will not convince me that any more people are willing to pay taxes for a subway; especially one most will never use

Point was more generic toward Operational vs. Capital funds

But as for the SSE lets sit back and wait for the report to come out before assuming support. No one knows the costs, route and its all speculation for now. As for the fact you "wont use it". The system doesn't care, and you have likely paid for many things you wont use and others are paying for many thing you use and they will never use.

The problem is that the DRL is needed and will be used by more people. If the drl was complete I'm sure less people would balk at the ever increasing cost

The problem is that the DRL is needed and will be used by more people. If the drl was complete I'm sure less people would balk at the ever increasing cost

We know, We've heard. The DRL will solve the worlds poverty, prevent global warming and hunger. Yes, It is a priority, it will get built and has very little to with what happens here which is another priority. The plans are moving forward and the quicker we put this project to bed the quicker focus can shift to begging for tens of billions from the Fed for the DRL

I do agree if the DRL was built the SSE would receive a fraction of the hate from the outsiders. Now If we compare the cost of the subway on the RT corridor to the LRT on the RT corridor Im not sure you be building much DRL with the savings.

Last edited:
How? There is no funding for it. We are nowhere near the point of no return.

This line was really only proposed again so Tory could save support for the Scarborough Subway.
This line was proposed to get Brad Duguid, Liberal MPP and "captain" of the Liberal Scarborough caucus on board, by connecting to his brothers UTSC.

My 2 cents.

Build the 1 stop extension to STC. Quit talking and just do. Pick the alignment that allows for future infil stations.

Extend the EC down to the end of Eglinton.

Cancel Malvern and extend the Sheppard line to STC.

Leave the current SRT running as long as it is still able to.

Without the DRL, these things would do the most for Scarborough.

Instead of building both or more, why don't we just concentrate the funds into the full DRL instead of a short Bloor-Yonge relief valve of a line?

Those damn illegal Torontonians. And to think if we do this and find a way to derail the GO train in 20 years time we will have successfully closed off any reasonable access into the City core during working hours for these suburban's parasites. And just like Mexicans, the Scarberians as some call them will even be helping pay for this wall.

I really hope you are not serious. But sadly you just might be

Last edited:

Back