News   Jun 26, 2024
 59     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 264     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Maybe it's not just downtown that hates scarborough. Maybe north York, east York, etobicoke do as well.

Why would anyone areas hate Scarborough to begin with? Many of highly dislike, possible hate some of the downtown Politicians and the bias media treatment. But no hates any area or people. I think there are many people that have been strategically mislead to believe a narrative. But hate is absurd.

They don't hate. It's your paranoia that is absurd.
Why would anyone areas hate Scarborough to begin with? Many of highly dislike, possible hate some of the downtown Politicians and the bias media treatment. But no hates any area or people. I think there are many people that have been strategically mislead to believe a narrative. But hate is absurd.

Enough with the ad hominem attacks. If the thread goes that way again, members could be going on UT vacations.

Im open to hear any proof that the media articles, pictures and headline aren't biased. I have thousands upon thousands of articles onn this topic to say otherwise. And millions of off topics to show the Political media affiliation on both major media organizations in this City. If you'd like to respectfully challenge im all eyes & ears.

Its a major issue which has affected the perception of this topic and not for the better of the City or for the interest of the City suburbs. Just don't bother to repsond If you cant rebut respectfully without the need too go into an ridiculous personal attack of character.

Coffey1, it would be nice if you could cite your top 4 or 5 biased articles, so we could focus on what you are suggesting.

- Paul

I guess I should be the one to deviate this thread from subway vs LRT.

What are you guys expectation for Scarborough Centre subway station?

A) More or less in line with the other Bloor-Danforth Stations with a modern touch?
2013114-potd.jpg

B) Modern Stations like the Spadina extension?
urbantoronto-3029-18873.jpg

C)World Class Station?
Most-Impressive-Subway-Stations-In-The-World6__880.jpg

Just to get the thread back on subject... which happens to be "DESIGN PHASE" not "speculative"

Also, ideas about how the new bus Bay will look like

The modern station above looks more impressive to me than the "World Class Station" in your example.

Perhaps something like Canary wharf for world class as an example?

l-canary-wharf-tube-station.jpg

If the RT elevated structure is to be taken down, the bus Bay could have something looking like this at its surface...with buses pathways surrounding the entrance and shelters for specific stops

jubileepark2.gif

Underground link to Scarborough Centre Mall and plenty of escalator to absorb the traffic from all those bus routes

3382838450_9d0f207a62_b.jpg

With the city intending on redrawing the streets layout, it might free more space for laND to be develop as condo and business offices.

PS: Not trying to rub it in for those against the subway, just highlighting that it's happening and trying to get anew idea of how TTC and city planning should and will approch it

People would be here defending this boondoogle if the costs were to rise to 10 billion.

It depends. As long as the cost increases are consistent with what is expected for a subway project, I will continue to support SSE. Anyone is free to disagree with that, but do not forget that DRL, once it goes into the detailed design stage, is likely to experience the same problem, escalating costs as more technical details become known. Many posters who jeer every time they learn about the SSE cost escalations, will change their attitude and give a pass to DRL regardless of its cost escalations.

If there was a technical obstacle that makes SSE much costlier than another subway project of a similar length and in today's dollars, I would reconsider. But so far, no such technical obstacles have been discovered. There is an issue with Highland Creek but it is within normal cost variations, and might be avoided altogether by choosing a different route.

Last edited:
As a downtowner I resent the idea that I am anti subway because I have my own subway station. I am anti extension based on cost, ridership, and it's priority over the DRL (which I will never use, but know will serve the suburbs better.)

Back