News   Jul 16, 2024
 657     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 588     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 731     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

All the renderings I've seen for Waterloos ION's LRVs have been on ION blue and white livery, so if that's an indication of things to come, Toronto's LRVs should be in red and white.

I hope they stick with the "Metrolinx" colour scheme for the Crosstown. It looks much more modern and clean. I don't particularly care for the FLEXITY Outlook scheme Toronto's chosen - it's got too much red, not enough black, and no grey. It's quite different than the CLRV/ALRV scheme, which was a very nice balance.

Love the GO ALRT mockup above, 44 North!

Given that it will be run by the TTC I would like the livery to be red. However, I am not a big fan of that particular red example.

I hope they stick with the "Metrolinx" colour scheme for the Crosstown. It looks much more modern and clean. I don't particularly care for the FLEXITY Outlook scheme Toronto's chosen - it's got too much red, not enough black, and no grey. It's quite different than the CLRV/ALRV scheme, which was a very nice balance.

Love the GO ALRT mockup above, 44 North!

Having unique branding on one line seems like a great way to confuse customers. Stick to TTC livery.

Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard Line vehicles in TTC livery:

lrt.jpg

I am not a fan of this example either, not enough red. I am a fan of the Outlook livery, seems to me that they need to come up with some designs with more red and black as suggested.

I have to agree that the TTC livery for the LRVs there is a little off. Maybe it's just my eyes, but the red seems too bright, which is an effect made worse by the over abundance of white. The Flexity livery is a pretty solid one as they go.

Also, 44 North's GO-ALRT mock ups look fantastic. Makes me nostalgic all over again :p I wonder how they might look in the new multiple-tones-of-green GO scheme.

Yeah the LRV livary is all messed up. They need to pay a designer $50/hour to copy/paste the LFLRV design onto the Flexity Freedom and they'll be good to go.

(if anyone from TTC it Metrolinx is reading this, I'll do it for $40. Special price, just for you ;) )

Yeah the LRV livary is all messed up. They need to pay a designer $50/hour to copy/paste the LFLRV design onto the Flexity Freedom and they'll be good to go.

(if anyone from TTC it Metrolinx is reading this, I'll do it for $40. Special price, just for you ;) )

One would hope that the extremely similar form factor between the Flexity Outlook and Freedom would have made the copy/pasting an obvious solution, but apparently not :p

Side note, I've always wondered if anyone from TTC or Metrolinx ever does casually take a browse through these forums. I don't expect them to, obviously, but I know that this forum gets a lot more lurkers than posters even (speaking from experience, I was a long-time lurker before joining in February of last year).

One would hope that the extremely similar form factor between the Flexity Outlook and Freedom would have made the copy/pasting an obvious solution, but apparently not :p

Side note, I've always wondered if anyone from TTC or Metrolinx ever does casually take a browse through these forums. I don't expect them to, obviously, but I know that this forum gets a lot more lurkers than posters even (speaking from experience, I was a long-time lurker before joining in February of last year).

I remember someone claiming to be a Metrolinx employee posting here once. The employee said that they do lurk. But who knows if we can trust that. But I'm sure they lurk. It's impossible to search for anything Toronto transit related that's somewhat technical without stumbling across countless UT forum posts.

And I find the lurkers kind of creepy. UT is our secret clubhouse, and they're peeping in at us like a bunch of creepers. Come out and say hello sometime.

Last edited:
And of course the TTC/Metrolinx reads these forums - and of course they're not going to tell us that they do, because then we'd stop being so candid!

Theme park industry members read all of the major forums, and quite often make subtle changes at the parks based on feedback from enthusiasts. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they decide to go with a different livery for the rt refurb, if we were vocal enough. Would love to see them give 44 North's vision a shot; it's light years ahead of what's proposed.

[video=youtube;N9kGEdcYTPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kGEdcYTPs[/video]

Goosebumps. So good!

Back