News   Jul 04, 2024
 258     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 438     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 529     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Gotta love this city. We skip putting in rapid transit stops which make sense

I know. It's unfortunate that we build underground railways to stroke egos. Thats how we ended up with the Sheppard Ego Stroker and the Scarborough Ego Stroker.

which make sense (Willowdale, Glencairn East, Brimley, etc)

Nope. We don't need a Willowdale station. Nor do we need Don Mills, Leslie, Bessarion, Bayview, Lawrence East, Ellesmere, Sheppard East, Black Creek Pioneer Village (really????) or Vaughan 'Metropolitan' Centre (really?????) Ego Stroker Stations.

Why does Willowdale make sense?

Well Willowdale Station would presumably make that money burning machine on Sheppard an ever so slightly smaller waste of money. Because, you know, 2 more people would use the money burner annually, offsetting some of the operational costs.

The Sheppard Money Burner also functions as an Ego Stroker, so it's somewhat efficient in that regard. It's a two-for ;)

Last edited:
... Black Creek Pioneer Village (really????)
What's wrong with Pioneer Village? It's a massive transit node. More importantly, it's the key to getting buses off York University campus, as they'll now use this station. If you terminate the line at York University instead of Pioneer Village, where would the buses go? You'd need a massive bus terminal in the middle of campus (assuming that 407 and Vaughan Centre are also off).

What's wrong with Pioneer Village? It's a massive transit node. More importantly, it's the key to getting buses off York University campus, as they'll now use this station. If you terminate the line at York University instead of Pioneer Village, where would the buses go? You'd need a massive bus terminal in the middle of campus (assuming that 407 and Vaughan Centre are also off).

My bad, I got my geography confused. I was thinking that YorkU Station was south of Finch West.

Yes, I would terminate the line at Steeles West, largely for its connection to FWLRT and to relieve Yonge Line. Like Sheppard and Scarborough, this line has very low ridership (only 7,000 persons), so we should have avoided spending money extending it further than absolutely necessary. I'd then move Vaughan Metropolitan Centre (the planned neighbourhood, not the station) east towards Barrie RER.

Last edited:
I know we shouldn't talk about other posters on here, but Tiger Master has gotten more and more negative of late.

Not only is it a healthy kilometer between Sheppard-Yonge and Bayview, but unlike Bessarion, there is a fair amount of density around it. In addition, the Willowdale-Senlac bus can help to bring in ridership as well.

Density? I've been there many times and I don't recall any density, and I don't see any on Google maps, which should be updated to this year.

There's the Rona, a few restaurants, one small office building.. it's mostly single family housing, until you get much closer to Yonge or Bayview:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.7518933,-79.3987973,1504a,20y,41.27t/data=!3m1!1e3

It seems pretty similar to Bessarion to me..

Back