News   Jul 18, 2024
 297     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

There's always Sarah Thompson crazy: revert to LRT but put it underground.

136134325638571251.GIF

Meanwhile Metrolinx still hasn't signed a revised master agreement. This subway seems destined to fail pending whatever happens at Queens Park.

Meanwhile Metrolinx still hasn't signed a revised master agreement. This subway seems destined to fail pending whatever happens at Queens Park.

PC or Liberal government=subway

NDP Majority=LRT

NDP Minority=Subway (PC and Liberals would back subway)

PC or Liberal government=subway

NDP Majority=LRT

NDP Minority=Subway (PC and Liberals would back subway)

I think its more likely a combination of what type of provincial government we get and what type of mayor we get.... Im sure the province would have no problem using that billion dollar savings to use for the DRL if the city was on board with going back to the LRT route.

I don't disagree but so much is uncertain. If Chow wins how much council support will she get? What will be the result of tomorrow's prov. budget? If the province will fund the DRL then that takes pressure off the city. Will the Liberals end up supporting the Murray Subway if the city wavers?

I don't disagree but so much is uncertain. If Chow wins how much council support will she get? What will be the result of tomorrow's prov. budget? If the province will fund the DRL then that takes pressure off the city. Will the Liberals end up supporting the Murray Subway if the city wavers?

IMO if the Murray subway comes back then the Sheppard East Subway is on the table. People will want that route tied up. Especially if Tory wins.

IMO if the Murray subway comes back then the Sheppard East Subway is on the table. People will want that route tied up. Especially if Tory wins.

It is not just your opinion....the very same day that Mayor Ford "won" the subway in Scarborough he stated that he was moving on to make sure that Sheppard East and Finch got subways. Aside from not being justified on its own merit, the Scarborough extension of the B-D is a very dangerous precedent setter.

Declaring that Scarborough residents were no longer "second class" (both provincial and municipal politicians used this language) because the SRT - LRT had been replaced with a subway opens the door for any people anywhere in the city of holding their own reps to that standard...."give me subway or I'll assume you think I am a second class citizen".

It is not just your opinion....the very same day that Mayor Ford "won" the subway in Scarborough he stated that he was moving on to make sure that Sheppard East and Finch got subways. Aside from not being justified on its own merit, the Scarborough extension of the B-D is a very dangerous precedent setter.

Declaring that Scarborough residents were no longer "second class" (both provincial and municipal politicians used this language) because the SRT - LRT had been replaced with a subway opens the door for any people anywhere in the city of holding their own reps to that standard...."give me subway or I'll assume you think I am a second class citizen".

All of this could have been avoided with this

urbantoronto-7573-26379.jpg

Finch was never part of his platform when he got elected. His goal is not to build subways, but rather to make sure no LRT gets built.

Finch was never part of his platform when he got elected. His goal is not to build subways, but rather to make sure no LRT gets built.

I am not talking about his platform when he got elected....his (and others') reaction to "winning" that subway battle in Scarborough was to (immediately) declare that Finch and Sheppard East were gonna be subways.

Well Rob Ford now wants to build three subway projects: Finch, Sheppard and DRL. We can't even build one but yet this tool thinks we can somehow build 3.

Back