News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 605     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Colourful characters from the past

Here, in North Toronto, we have a shy, quiet fellow with a graying beard and perpetually frayed pants. We call him Linus... because he is always carrying a blanket.

Here, in North Toronto, we have a shy, quiet fellow with a graying beard and perpetually frayed pants. We call him Linus... because he is always carrying a blanket.

Around Yonge and Eglinton you mean ? Yea I see him quite often.

Ever wonder what happened to Zanta? He's back!
[video=youtube_share;Ff3aaWwlXHQ]http://youtu.be/Ff3aaWwlXHQ?list=UUX-Hig3SImVD5GxzlWb-IQQ[/video]

I've seen him look over his should in a very haughty fashion at gangsta types. Suffice to say he doe snot approve of low hanging pants.

I saw Zanta at Buskerfest. He was quiet, but was carrying a sign that read "Google Zanta... Yes, Yes, Yes". Made me giggle.

Just saw him at Dundas Square. He has laid out on the pavement about 10 yellow jackets with Zanta written on them in crayon that (according to him) people are going to don each evening during TIFF as they crash various venues. Its going to be huge.

Also, Zanta is not working out these days.

if you've walked past Zanta's 'art installation' at Yonge & Dundas, its clear he's in full meltdown and its not amusing any longer. He's written "Fuck the Police, YESYESYES" and is attempting to attract the attention of his real or imagined daughter.

He's essentially staked out about 20 yards of pavement with his free-standing placard word salads.

We should clean up this mess. It doesn't reflect well on Toronto.

Last edited:

Back