News   May 02, 2024
 735     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 213     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 286     0 

CityPlace Condos

gei, your bias is clearly showing as a result of the fact that are a vested owner in this dismal development.

Perhaps to you and your gen-y crowd it's 'the place to be', but much like the vagaries of the club scene this place will quickly drift into the abyss of poor planning and oversight from the top of the city on down.

It's sheeple that are buying here, renters that are living here, and ultimately that will lead to disarray and likely mild forms of chaos in the not-too-distant-future.

Bias? Believe me I did my research. I didn't just end up living in this building randomly - I took a good hard look at all the buildings in this area. I also talked to many people who actually LIVE in the buildings.

One thing I didn't do is take the worthless opinion of internet trolls. Urbantor - have you ever even set foot in these buildings? I'm assuming not (even if you say otherwise, since you are a known troll). But I digress...

My number one priority was a place I would like to live, and this place more than meets that criteria. Next important on my list of course was making a good investment, and so far I seem to have done very well in that department too. With the new park and grocery store coming across the street very soon, I would imagine this area will continue to grow positively.

Mods, could we please ban this clown again. He adds nothing of value to these forums.

^that's doesn't explain the hundreds of units collecting cobwebs on the mls system and craigslist at this very moment...

I actually just took a look on mls to see if there was any truth to this or if it's just more BS (I know, I know, I should know better).

Anyway out of the 2 Apex buildings I believe I saw 3-4 units for sale total. Considering the size of buildings, I actually find that quite amazing.

Bias? Believe me I did my research. I didn't just end up living in this building randomly - I took a good hard look at all the buildings in this area. I also talked to many people who actually LIVE in the buildings.

One thing I didn't do is take the worthless opinion of internet trolls. Urbantor - have you ever even set foot in these buildings? I'm assuming not (even if you say otherwise, since you are a known troll). But I digress...

My number one priority was a place I would like to live, and this place more than meets that criteria. Next important on my list of course was making a good investment, and so far I seem to have done very well in that department too. With the new park and grocery store coming across the street very soon, I would imagine this area will continue to grow positively.

Mods, could we please ban this clown again. He adds nothing of value to these forums.

Investment? Not until you sell, close and cash the check have made a penny off your 'investment'. On the criteria you've described your unit appears to be an ideal place for you clearly and that's wonderful.

However, the fact of the matter is that objectivity speaking, from someone who doesn't live there but has seen many units and known people who do, this is an overly congested, architecturally dull, crowded, gridlocked, isolated, amenity lacking (sorry a Sobey's and a LCBO doesn't cut it), modern ghetto that will only decline in appeal from this point onward. Once the paint dries it will no longer hold the interest of the sheeple that seem to cycle through these properties. The fellow who mentioned the Tridel building on Front Street will see superior appreciation (or less depreciation more likely) from his unit because that's actually an legitimate neighborhood. A 10 minute walk to the King Street district does you no good in the middle of February just a 10 minute walk from Battery Park City to Tribeca doesn't help BPC property values in a weak market.

Call me in 5 years if you still own your unit and we shall see how in demand this location has become. In the meantime, 'troll' yourself through the mls and count the hundreds of units in Cityplace (not one specific building) that are either for sale or for rent. Don't forget to check out craigslist and viewit either. Monitor how this number has been steadily climbing and note the trends.

urbanor your being harsh arent you?..its takes time to build a community.This huge project there is going to be some teething problems.I personally can comment about the projects since I been there visiting friends there on many occasions and stayed over there a few nights.All really enjoy the ability to walk anywhere downtown or TTC it around the city but they also mentioned that the condos is not for those who want to retire in.There been some vandalism and the somewhat lack of up keep (garbage in the hallways and elevators)..maybe its due to the higher precentage of renters that you normally dont expect from a condo or maybe its just the younger crowd having a home warming parties but the feel of these condos is not luxury.There is issues with windows and doors sticking and low pressure in the washrooms faucets,its minor and under warrenty but it still it still a negative for a new condo.

Investment? Not until you sell, close and cash the check have made a penny off your 'investment'. On the criteria you've described your unit appears to be an ideal place for you clearly and that's wonderful.

My place could drop 20% overnight and I've still made a healthy appreciation. I'm quite happy with how well it's done. Cityplace seems to have appreciated more rapidly than most condos in the area. Seems people seem to like the area ;)

However, the fact of the matter is that objectivity speaking, from someone who doesn't live there but has seen many units and known people who do, this is an overly congested, architecturally dull, crowded, gridlocked, isolated, amenity lacking (sorry a Sobey's and a LCBO doesn't cut it), modern ghetto that will only decline in appeal from this point onward. Once the paint dries it will no longer hold the interest of the sheeple that seem to cycle through these properties. The fellow who mentioned the Tridel building on Front Street will see superior appreciation (or less depreciation more likely) from his unit because that's actually an legitimate neighborhood.

So the Tridel building on the north side of front is in a "better neighborhood" than the buildings DIRECTLY across the street???

LMAO :D

Call me in 5 years if you still own your unit and we shall see how in demand this location has become. In the meantime, 'troll' yourself through the mls and count the hundreds of units in Cityplace (not one specific building) that are either for sale or for rent. Don't forget to check out craigslist and viewit either. Monitor how this number has been steadily climbing and note the trends.

The running theory, before you were banned several times, is that you had been waiting for a market crash and sadly ended up being priced out of the market. Now you're trying to "will" the market back down.

Judging by the tone of your posts, I'm guessing you're a (cynical) old man, and I can also safely assume you don't socialize much or have many friends. I can fully understand how these buildings and this neighbourhood might not be for you, but believe me, everyone else living here loves it :D

hahah I thought he was banned from posting that..my friend pointed that out to me,she wasnt that please about this circulating (resale value) but did mentioned of the fore mentioned problems..again folks this is a NEW condo and these thing should not happen but it does...not to this extent though...

How about this guy?

http://www.badcondo.com/

He appears to be a little disappointed. :rolleyes:

That link has been posted many times. It's from one disgruntled guy over at HVE... and from way back when they were first registered.

Although none of those complaints concern my condo, I'm quite certain that even those opinions don't represent the majority of HVE residents (speaking as someone who knows people living there).

Anyway this is all pointless talk... like I said people, if you're looking to buy, go and talk to people who actually live in the building you're looking in and see what they have to say. Random internet threads mean very little in comparison.

I ended up purchasing a place which is now approaching closing. I must admit, I am getting nervous after hearing complaints, but I think at the end of the day, it seems like it's a great place to live. I'm just concerned about resale values 4-5 years from now, but even that, the location is still great, and the area still developing.

If i listened to these so called "experts" 5 years ago i wouldn't have made the the amount of money that i did when i sold my unit at Apex recently and would have regretted everything. These "experts" were spewing the same doom and gloom scenario 5 years ago when i was looking to buy at Cityplace. I never have experienced anything really bad while living here for 5 years. All in all a very pleasant experience. Knowing what to expect i ended buying a new unit at N1. And why would I do that? Because this whole development is not as bad as other posters here would like you to believe. I know, because i have been living here for 5 years and counting, not like the "experts" who make wild guesses and assumptions based on hearsay of isolated incidents that get blown out of proportion.

Same goes for the bundle I made buying Google shares at the IPO. Neither was less speculative than the other.

Difference is your speculation is plagued by enormous commission and illiquidity. I sold my shares for 10 bucks from my living room couch.

I submit that all gains from CityDump can only be seen in the rearview mirror going forward. This mess is the first domino to fall in what is clearly the biggest and widest condo speculator market Toronto has ever seen.

Oh brother. Why do I feel like this guy and urbantor/investor/whoever else are all the same person.

In fact I sincerely hope they are, it would be disturbing if there were so many annoying cynics around. Sell now! Run for the hills! The buildings are so poorly built they are going to collapse and take all your equity with them!!!

Oh brother. Why do I feel like this guy and urbantor/investor/whoever else are all the same person.

In fact I sincerely hope they are, it would be disturbing if there were so many annoying cynics around. Sell now! Run for the hills! The buildings are so poorly built they are going to collapse and take all your equity with them!!!

Gei, actually i'm gonna sell my unit right now. There's a tiny gash on the wall and i think the building is about to crumble because it is so poorly built. I should find another unit somewhere else where everything is perfect. Being the speculator that i am, i should get out now before the sky falls. NOT.

Hehe some of the posts here are so funny. I wonder where the "experts" get their faulty magic crystal balls. It can even read people's mind and know their intentions.:rolleyes:

Indeed. I actually read all the pessismistic comments too back when I was purchasing... believe me, I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

In fact it seems like Cityplace condos have actually appreciated quite a bit MORE than most condos in the area. I've seen a ridiculous amount of appreciation even in the last 2 years.

While I don't expect the trend to continue to such an extent, it's nice to see that people do in fact find the building very desirable.

Indeed. I actually read all the pessismistic comments too back when I was purchasing... believe me, I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

In fact it seems like Cityplace condos have actually appreciated quite a bit MORE than most condos in the area. I've seen a ridiculous amount of appreciation even in the last 2 years.

While I don't expect the trend to continue to such an extent, it's nice to see that people do in fact find the building very desirable.

When the Cityplace condo's were originaly sold they were a good value compared to its neighbours. Prices have now leveled resulting in sharper appreciation for Cityplace early(er) adopters.

Those first four CityPlace buildings on Front were pretty much built in no mans land. Not much out there at the time. Now that the area is becoming a real neighbourhood there's no surprises prices are going up faster than normal.

Back