763     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

CityPlace Condos

jb007

Member Bio
Reaction score
hi guys,

was checking out some of these condos online and they seem nice but quite far (have no car and dont intent to get one yet). was just wondering if the TTC is expected to expand more into the areas where these condos are and when the expected completion date is.

City Place is quite well served by streetcars on Queens Quay, Bathurst and Spadina and the TTC is looking at bringing the Waterfront West LRT line to Union Station via Fort York / Bremner Blvd. If you want to buy a condo there I suggest you walk around the area a bit - online checking only goes so far!

thanks for the input. I am just gathering as much information prior to visiting TO. will definitely need to walk around and see how things are. too bad i missed winter. my summer walk about may not prepare me for the hardships haha

Public transit was one of my concerns for deciding whether or not to move into that area. And if you are relying on something to be built in the near future... well lets just say there was almost a TTC strike this morning so we know there isn't exactly buckets of money going around. Plus it took quite a loooong time to get that Bayview line going. If you just want to hop on the subway I think closest station is St. Andrews on King which is about 10-15 mins walk. In the frosty winter, that walk is more like double! There is also a station at Queens Quay (but not sure which is closer).

Transit is well covered to this area by street car. walk to union station using the skywalk in the winter and forget snow.

besides, if you are in a rush, cabs are always roaming around. you would be able to jump into one with in minutes.

I live here, location cannot be beat.

I live at cityplace Optima (building closest to rogers center) and i walk daily to union station, when the weather is nice i walk on bremner to the aircanada center and take the tunnel from there to union station, and when the weather is bad i take the skypath from cn tower to unionstation. walk is about 10-15 min. My sister goes to University of toronto everyday and takes the street car.

I have heard the proposal of the streetcar on bremner, even without it i feel that the 510 line, 504 line and union staion serve my public transit need.

thanks for all the input. its been very helpful. I had no idea there was a skywalk. looks interesting and i am going to now reconsider the area.
i have some quick questions about it though. does it start at the CN tower or rogers center? and are both open throughout the yr winter/summer?

also, western221 you mentioned you take the tunnel from rogers center to union station when the weather is nice. is that tunnel different than the skywalk?

Not to lecture you, BUT, if you really want to find a neighbourhood in which to live you MUST walk around it - you can do lots on web but not everything. City Place is a - new and still unfinished - downtown location with all the advantages and disadvantages that brings!

Downtown Toronto has lots of linked tunnels (and a skywalk) called PATH. Look for a map of it on City of Toronto site at http://www.toronto.ca/path/ - it does not, quite, get to City Place but it gets quite close to the eastern part of it at the CN Tower, right beside Rogers Centre.

the lecture is well noted DSC and your right. just gathering as much intel as possible. thanks guys

for anyone considering this complex, please be aware that the buildings on the west side of spadina have been held up from being 'registered' for a year now and could be delayed further because of ongoing dispute with GO about the skywalk.

as a result, anyone who has purchased in those buildings are indefinitely paying occupancy fees.

also, a co-worker who was looking at buying a unit there commented on how noisy it was inside the unit EVEN with the windows closed. he cited poor/cheap materials.

thanks for all the input. its been very helpful. I had no idea there was a skywalk. looks interesting and i am going to now reconsider the area.
i have some quick questions about it though. does it start at the CN tower or rogers center? and are both open throughout the yr winter/summer?

also, western221 you mentioned you take the tunnel from rogers center to union station when the weather is nice. is that tunnel different than the skywalk?

The skypath is open all year, and its near cn tower, just east of it.

I have to agree about the quality of those condos,my Gf friend bought one there and she has issues about the lack of noise insulation and the iffy materials being used.Friday thru Sunday when the Spadina,Front street is packed with ingoing and out going traffic she has to close the door and drapes to muffle out the external noise,even then its still noticeable and shes on the 16th floor.With GO train traffic and some times the Porter planes noise is a big issue.Shes planning to move in about a year,the saving grace is she will be making a bit of profit but she will never buy form this condo maker again.

Back