News   Jul 12, 2024
 915     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 817     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 335     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

But they were always changing the exterior of the old CityTV building (even punching out exterior walls).

359030128_aef941b767.jpg

What he means is, when they took down the Citytv logo on that side of the building they added a balcony when they put up the CTV Logo

Of course, I should have known that by the picture he posted ;)

I hope the new signage is outstanding because this is big disappointment otherwise. I realize they've made a lot of internal changes, but for their new headquarters I was expecting much, much more.

I hope the new signage is outstanding because this is big disappointment otherwise. I realize they've made a lot of internal changes, but for their new headquarters I was expecting much, much more.

I think the reason they bought it was because the could expand the building in the future. Just knock down the building to the south of it and you got a good enough space for a few tv studios.

I have a soft spot for the old Citytv. When I was in my mid-teens, it was my dream to get accepted into the OCA(D) foundation studies and live in Toronto (check and check) in a beautiful apartment on Queen with two female roommates (no and no). I used to take the bus in from St.Catharines often, just to walk around the city - usually in the Queen/Spadina area and parts of lower Yonge. I became sort of fascinated with the hipster Queen West crowd who worked at City and thought, my, what a great life. I was fortunate enough to have a relative who worked there and he'd take me in and show me around and I even pulled a couple overnighters with him. Quite the little community inside that building back then (early 90's). I'm going to assume it's not quite that way anymore what with Ben Mulroney and the like, polluting the air with their silliness.

Poor Moses - left to spin classical and galavant with the geezers.

So Rogers needs to get Citytv out of enemy territory fast as they can, and from my sources, CTV isn't really making Citytv feel conformable at their soon to be former home.

The past few mornings on BT, I've noted yellow-jacketed private security guards peering through the Queen St. windows at Kevin and Dina's backs, scowling and checking their watches.

Now I know why!

...while Ivan destroys the empire he built.

I think you have that a tad backwards, CTV has managed to let the brands basically live as they did before the take over, sure there are programming changes as some of the properties didnt make the move and needed to be replaced with CTV's content. but for the most part CTV has improved on some of the Chum brands. Rogers on the other hand has managed to degrade the city brand into a hodge-podge of crap that doesn't even speak the language of the brand focus.

And Chum did a good job of screwing up Moses vision long before CTV ever bought them.

And this whole CTV hates Rogers and is being hostile to get them out faster is just silly. Sure CTV wants the space but do you guys have any idea the rent being paid right now to CTV? Also lets remember that Rogers was a tenant at the CTV Agincourt studios for years without incident

Back