News   Jul 12, 2024
 825     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 746     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 314     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

You mean Global.

The first signs of the City/CP24 split are showing after CityTV launched their CityNews at Five program this week. It is the first news program on City that is NOT being simulcast on CP24. Instead, CP24 has a 15-minute 5pm news by different anchors but in the same studio.

funny story I was at the Chum building for a meeting the other day and afterwards the design director gave me a tour of the creative dept. the poor guys that work on City where sectioned off by that cheesy cubicle siding so they were actually walled in from the CTVgm guys. We were joking around and every time an artist from the city side said anything, he was greeted by a chorus of cheers and jeers.
at least they were having fun with the whole split thing.

at least they were having fun with the whole split thing

Yes, it's amazing how the CTV suites, venturing downtown for the first time in their lives, behave like the club kids do, outside of starbucks, early on a sunday morning.
It's actually quite funny to see....CFTO finally has some property in Toronto.

I keep praying they will move my job down there, would be nice to walk to work for a change....
...but they are saving all those prime spots for the suits. bastards!

new signage...

Feb182008CityTV2.jpg

Feb182008CityTV1.jpg

Feb182008CityTV.jpg

I've gotta say, I'm very excited for City to take up residence in a new home. Although the 'heritage factor' of the Chum City building will be lost, I believe its time for them to move. A central location will not only increase their visibility but will also allow legions of 'City Fans' to vainly attempt to lasso their 15 minutes.

I still think MTV would have been the best candidate but as long as theres something in that building I'm happy.

A quick peak at Urbacon's website shows that they've done a lot of work for Rogers. Skimming through their portfolio, I'm happy with what they can produce.

I hope we see a major rehaul of this building.

A quick peak at Urbacon's website shows that they've done a lot of work for Rogers. Skimming through their portfolio, I'm happy with what they can produce.

I hope we see a major rehaul of this building.

There's a lot of things I don't like about Rogers, but their building record isn't bad at all (the CFMT building, the old Confederation Life building retrofit, the SkyDome renovations, renaming aside). There's room for some optimism.

PenEquity owned the building next to the Torch - which is currently being demolished - has City-TV/OMNI acquired that location as well? I can find no leasing information on the PenEquity site.

Back