News   Jul 11, 2024
 158     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 531     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Church-Wellesley Village

UPDATE: The exterior renovations are done. They did a fantastic job too! What a transformation from a dreary strip plaza to a chic looking restaurant. Sorry no pictures but I'm sure someone will post soon. I suspect this place will be a destination.

It's open now! Haven't been by myself, but I just spotted a review on Chowhound. Can't wait to eat there -- I've been to their Vancouver locations and they're always ridiculously packed.

Who owns the old house(s) that the Pizza Pizza is built into at Church & Wellesley. They are completely decaying, and in reality, should be the focal point of the village. They must have heritage designation, no? And if so, can the city not issue a work order?

Listed, though not designated.

Commercial block at 68-78 Wellesley St. East, c.1880 -adopted by City Council on March 15, 1974

I've concluded that it would be worthless to restore it while have Pizza Pizza and their oh-so-subtle branding as a tenant. Sigh....

Hey, 7-11 didn't do badly at Yonge + Grosvenor, so don't write off Pizza Pizza simply on account of "their record"...

Lettieri's Coffee Shop at Wellesley & Church has closed. It's a shame, Letteri's was a great alternative to Starbucks (my coffee joint) when the sitting area is full, which is most of the time. Lettieri's was friendly, had free wi-fi and offered the best views of the corner through big windows facing Church and Wellesley Streets while enjoying a brew. Hero Burgers (http://www.heroburgers.com/) is set to open in it's place. At least it's a good burger joint.

Lettieri's Coffee Shop at Wellesley & Church has closed. It's a shame, Letteri's was a great alternative to Starbucks (my coffee joint) when the sitting area is full, which is most of the time. Lettieri's was friendly, had free wi-fi and offered the best views of the corner through big windows facing Church and Wellesley Streets while enjoying a brew. Hero Burgers (http://www.heroburgers.com/) is set to open in it's place. At least it's a good burger joint.

was there advance notice, or just suddenly a closed sign?

i'm not around there often; however, i don't recall seeing a 'for lease' sign either.

was there advance notice, or just suddenly a closed sign?

i'm not around there often; however, i don't recall seeing a 'for lease' sign either.

No notice that I saw or rumours of them pulling out. I saw the windows papered up today on my way to 7 & 24 Video Store with the standard "thanks for your patronage..." sign and two or three other signs announcing the arrival of Hero Burgers soon.

I noticed the building permits for the Hero burger a couple weeks ago, but I think I posted about it in the Out and About forum in the Restaurant Comings and Goings thread. I figured Hero was just going to take up some space along one wall of the the Lettieri.

It's kind of a zero-sum thing tho, because we're getting a new coffee shop in the bottom of Verve. Red Rocket Coffee has a sign up in one of the windows announcing that they're hiring baristas for the new location. I like Lettieri, but based on the reviews of their other location I think I'm going to prefer Red Rocket.

I was in there yesterday at 11:45 am, they had all the furniture removed, and were dismantling the coffee dispensers, The workers were papering the windows. I think I got the last cup of decaf, I had purchased a medium but they gave me a Xlarge cup and told me to take what was left. It was always good coffee, friendly staff and a great place to hang out.

I was in there yesterday at 11:45 am, they had all the furniture removed, and were dismantling the coffee dispensers, The workers were papering the windows. I think I got the last cup of decaf, I had purchased a medium but they gave me a Xlarge cup and told me to take what was left. It was always good coffee, friendly staff and a great place to hang out.

Its funny what you see - I walked past there yesterday and didn't spot the paper in the windows but did see a Civic with a Hero Burger logo on the door.

A decent (?) burger joint in this neighborhood should be good.

I haven't been in the area in ages, but was told that Zelda's closed? Is that true? What is going to open up in it's place?

Back