News   Apr 18, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 731     1 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
"They close on Sundays." ?

I'm closed Saturdays, Sundays, and soon to be Fridays (we're moving to a 4 day work week)....I guess I should go.

Everything should be closed one day a week....fine, have it be another day other than Sunday so all ye mentally oppressed folk can breathe easy.

I'd shut the whole place down for all of August as well. Then again, I would, wouldn't I? I appreciate the beauty of slowing down and not being a consumerist tweaker.

Man, how about it can go because it's rubbish food?

'Cluck off': UK's only Chick-fil-A outlet to shut in LGBT rights row
Reading branch of US chain to close after protests over stance on same-sex relationships

I hope this crowd now protests outside the many Saudi-funded Wahhabi mosques in the UK. Chick-Fi-Lay may not support LGBT rights, but the Wahhabi call for LGBT folks to be put to death.

Harrods is actually owned by the Qatari government: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrods

Homophobia is legally enforced in Qatar (which it will have to address come the 2022 FIFA World Cup).
Sometimes I wish oil had never been discovered or just never existed in the Middle East. Then history, politics and mankind could leave that rump of sand out of our lives. It'll be interested to see what happens when the oil runs out.

Sometimes I wish oil had never been discovered or just never existed in the Middle East. Then history, politics and mankind could leave that rump of sand out of our lives. It'll be interested to see what happens when the oil runs out.

I agree. Can't wait for all vehicles to go electric and gleefully watch the economies of backward, repressive Middle Eastern regimes collapse.

I agree. Can't wait for all vehicles to go electric and gleefully watch the economies of backward, repressive Middle Eastern regimes collapse.
Guess what? These Middle Eastern countries are now investing heavily in tourism. But again, it would be quite difficult to attract those from the more socially progressive countries to visit the Middle East.

Guess what? These Middle Eastern countries are now investing heavily in tourism. But again, it would be quite difficult to attract those from the more socially progressive countries to visit the Middle East.

Exactly. They have a massive image problem, so increasing tourism will hardly make a dent in lost fossil fuel revenue.

As per BlogTo, it appears we are getting location #2 of this chain, in Toronto, at Yorkdale.

What I find curious here is that malls tend to be pretty rigorous in enforcing harmonized retail hours.

But Oxford has decided they are apparently ok with a significant retail spacing being closed on Sundays.......

Last edited:
People in UK aren't protesting at anti-LGBT churches either. Churches and mosques are treated equal, no double standard. The only double standard is from Admiral Beez singling out the mosques only.

I'd definitely go to Oman, UAE, etc. I'd just keep any predilections or what would be seen as deviant behaviour to oneself. So, no drinking or pursuing any sexual relations, PDAs, etc.

Anyone else watching Itchy Boots? Her ride through Iran and the 'Stans plus Oman and UAE is quite something.

First proper automobile ever made was electric. They're back.

My model from Mercedes (the makers of the first proper automobile which was electric) is available in full electric as of 2020 model year.....two friggin years after I bought mine new (which also means I'm hitting at least 500K with it). ?

Back