82     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
People in UK aren't protesting at anti-LGBT churches either. Churches and mosques are treated equal, no double standard. The only double standard is from Admiral Beez singling out the mosques only.

?

Here we go again. The best kind of comedy is absurdist comedy. Never change, doady....never change.

As per BlogTo, it appears we are getting location #2 of this chain, in Toronto, at Yorkdale.

What I find curious here is that malls tend to be pretty rigorous in enforcing harmonized retail hours.

But Oxford has decided they are apparently ok with a significant retail spacing being closed on Sundays.......
It does not mention if it would open in the food court on the third floor or open near Restoration Hardware or elsewhere in the mall.

Could opening on Sundays be next?

Chick-fil-A will need to follow the three conditions I set before I consider eating there:
  1. Stop donating funds to organizations deemed homophobic by the SPLC for good
  2. Open some locations on Sundays
  3. Serve poutine with their waffle fries in its Canadian locations

?

Here we go again. The best kind of comedy is absurdist comedy. Never change, doady....never change.

If you have no argument against what I said, then you should just shut up.

Churches outnumber mosques by huge margin in the UK and have had a vastly greater influence on laws discriminating against gays in the UK but somehow you guys single out the mosques. It says all that that needs to said about Admiral Beez and you and other who liked his post (pman and gabe).

Last edited:
Chick-fil-A will need to follow the three conditions I set before I consider eating there:
  1. Stop donating funds to organizations deemed homophobic by the SPLC for good
  2. Open some locations on Sundays
  3. Serve poutine with their waffle fries in its Canadian locations
Why do you care if they’re open on Sundays? As for 1, you’d have to avoid every Islamic or Catholic owned business.

Churches outnumber mosques by huge margin in the UK and have had a vastly greater influence on laws discriminating against gays in the UK but somehow you guys single out the mosques. It says all that that needs to said about Admiral Beez and you and other who liked his post (pman and gabe).

There's no point in wasting time with an intelligence response to your nonsense accusations against AdmiralB.

Try not to get your knickers all twisted up. Your nonsense may not be worth an intelligent response but there's always time for snark. Anyway, keep up the good work.

You're at it again. Who is "you guys" and where do you see mosques being singled out en masse?
You want an intelligent response? Try starting with something intelligent to say.

You’re generalizing here, and implying there’s no such thing as a progressive Muslim or Catholic business owner.
Of course there are. But if they attend and contribute to their church, those funds go to organizations that are not progressive. In the case of the Catholics, I think there is a vast difference between its membership in the west and its doctrines and beliefs on this issue, but a congregants donation goes to its supports nevertheless. To be clear, I'm not attempting any whataboutism, instead, if we don't want to buy from businesses or financially support organizations that are publicly against LGT communities and issues, we need to cast a wider net.

Last edited:

Not that this merits a serious response..............but...

1) A little snark is one thing; many of us enjoy that now and again; telling anyone other than Sunrise to shut up is a good way to take a vacation from the Forum. Sunrise will just tell you something about your mom and get himself in trouble in the process...........LOL

2) The Admiral has been known to say some impolitic things from time to time...........but ya know, I think his point here might have been that while the owners of Chick-Fil-A have views disagreeable to many; there are others whose homophobia goes from ignorant/dislikeable to deadly; and that however serious the former; the latter is a bit more deserving of adverse sanction.

If you wanted to critique that view; you might have cited anti-gay laws featuring/proposing the death penalty in predominately Christian countries in Africa (Uganda would be an example); but instead you went off in another direction.....whatever....

I don't know why people are so peeved about it not opening on Sunday - they have the right not to knowing full well there will be an impact on sales. There is no inherit right to fast food on a Sunday.

As to this change in mind, well there is nothing wrong with donating to Christian charities - it's beyond reproach as long as those very charities don't engage in blatantly discriminatory actions.

I will watch it a bit and see what happens before ending my own personal interdict of this chain.

AoD

Last edited:
I don't know why people are so peeved about it not opening on Sunday - they have the right not to knowing full well there will be an impact on sales. There is no inherit right to fast food on a Sunday.

I agree on this point... A business can and should be able to dictate its own hours of operation. Sheesh, the freaking AGO is closed on Mondays, St. Lawrence market is closed both Mondays *and* Sundays, as are thousands of other religion-agnostic (heh) places around the city. This is no different, minus people making some kind of exceptional argument that it shouldn't apply to companies owned by people who hold religious beliefs. Geez; there's a whole strip of north Bathurst that shuts down on Saturdays.

I agree on this point... A business can and should be able to dictate its own hours of operation. Sheesh, the freaking AGO is closed on Mondays, St. Lawrence market is closed both Mondays *and* Sundays, as are thousands of other religion-agnostic (heh) places around the city. This is no different, minus people making some kind of exceptional argument that it shouldn't apply to companies owned by people who hold religious beliefs. Geez; there's a whole strip of north Bathurst that shuts down on Saturdays.

In fairness, I firmly oppose the SLM being closed on Sundays! (though I'm agnostic on the broader question; beyond the fact I'm not keen on businesses that have a strategy anathema to good business)

I still have no real interest in trying the place, because its food looks pretty dreck to me. But to each their own.

Back