245     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 302     0 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
They donated to numerous anti-LGBTQ groups, including at least one that promotes conversion therapy, and continued to do so even after they said they wouldn't. That is supporting hate.

Hate crimes against LGBT people are increasing year over year, but sure, we're just whining drama queens who aren't discriminated against in any way because you don't personally see those hate crimes happening. I've literally had friends assaulted within the last year for being gay, but i guess since you said discrimination is over, its over, and we should all just shut up.

Source on the hate crime statistics: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/181129/dq181129a-eng.htm

True. Hate crimes are increasing around the world. Thanks to religion. In the US, Christian Conservatives have been going to war with the LGBTQ community, with anti LGBTQ legislation, latest attack, they want a pride coloured crosswalk painted over :rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/us/ames-iowa-rainbow-crosswalks-trnd/index.html

And in the world, Islam is the biggest threat to the LGBTQ community. 70 countries you and I cannot visit, but straight people can. Where is the mass protests?

I stop hard once the expletives start flying, so I have nothing to discuss with you on whataboutism. In my book, when words fail us, we curse.

I don't know why we see so much foul language on UT recently.
Studies show that people who swear more actually have higher vocabulary then average and are more trustworthy and honest.

But you do you...

I don't see how any gay person can find that they are treated with "respect" by a company that continues to fund anti-gay groups. (Not that I would go anyway were I straight - their wheat-infested menu is hell for a celiac.)
He just gave you an example to see, so that's one gay person.

It turns out the ignore function can be used even if no foul language is involved.
I recommend and use it myself it for curtailing those who employ foul and abusive language, incitement and trolling. Outside of that, if you want to sequester yourself from those that challenge your narrow world view and personal beliefs, well, that’s on you, not anyone else. But if you need a foil, I volunteer.

Last edited:
And in the world, Islam is the biggest threat to the LGBTQ community. 70 countries you and I cannot visit, but straight people can. Where is the mass protests?
It's a fair point. How is any restaurant in Canada whose proprietor financially contributes to or otherwise supports any conservatively-minded religion different from Chick-Fil-A? I don't intend it as whataboutism, but we need to call out hypocrisy or more likely a lack of wider perspective here.

At the end of the day, if any business runs counter to your personal beliefs, don't shop there. You can also protest out front. That leaves more chicken for everyone else.

It's a fair point. How is any restaurant in Canada whose proprietor financially contributes to or otherwise supports any conservatively-minded religion different from Chick-Fil-A? I don't intend it as whataboutism, but we need to call out hypocrisy or more likely a lack of wider perspective here.

At the end of the day, if any business runs counter to your personal beliefs, don't shop there. You can also protest out front. That leaves more chicken for everyone else.
I know you have me blocked, but this just makes you either naive or obtuse

Back