1.7K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.4K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 607     0 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
When I was a kid and even an adolescent, I used to hold adults in the highest regard.

Not anymore. Not by a mile.

Gotta love this low-key homophobia. ?

The overt display of sexuality and flamboyance is a major cause of homophobia, and doesn't help the LBGTQ cause.
If you aren't attracted to women, why do you want to present yourself as (a ridiculously fake) one?

There are quite a few gays that agree.

The overt display of sexuality and flamboyance is a major cause of homophobia, and doesn't help the LBGTQ cause.
If you aren't attracted to women, why do you want to present yourself as (a ridiculously fake) one?

There are quite a few gays that agree.

The same ones who are riding coattails on the hard won rights by those who displayed their sexuality and flamboyance, perhaps? Because I was sure the rights were granted because they’re asked for politely,

Speaking of cause and effect- I don't see strip clubs, scantily clad women on prime time TV and lavacious men leading to heterophobia.

AoD

Last edited:
Speaking of cause and effect- I don't see strip clubs, scantily clad women on prime time TV and lavacious men leading to heterophobia.

AoD

Heterosexulality is the biological and societal norm, while the urban left is trying to remake the world to its own image. Strolling naked in Pride parades and looking like exaggeratingly fake women (the latter being something that's inherently contradictory to the principles of homosexuality when you stop and think about it) like some of these protesters is a surefire way to cause backlash. Ever wonder where the Yellow Vests came from? Your rebuttal is a stubborn refusal to recognize this.

Last edited:
Heterosexulality is the biological and societal norm, while the urban left is trying to remake the world to its own image. Strolling naked in Pride parades and looking like exaggeratingly fake women like some of these protesters is a surefire way to cause backlash. Ever wonder where the Yellow Vests came from? Your rebuttal is a stubborn refusal to recognize this.

If all it takes is the sight of a few naked men and exaggeratingly fake women to trigger the need to lash out, one really need to re-evaluate their life choices and how secure they felt about their own sense of masculinity.

AoD

Last edited:
Heterosexulality is the biological and societal norm

Sure, and so what?

.....while the urban left is trying to remake the world to its own image.

Say what? Did you just suggest the urban left is entirely homosexual and/or trans? Your initial theme being that the urban left is promoting gay-ness etc.

As someone who is very urban.......and rather straight, I find this a tad preposterous.

If you wish to oppose flamboyance or Pride Parades, on whatever grounds, so be it. But your conflating things that are only tangentially related.

PS, for what its worth, There were 3 gay men in the Stephen Harper cabinet, one of them fairly open about it, but not public. The latter would have been challenged to make that choice in a previous generation.

One might wonder if you would have thought he was pushing an agenda by openly bringing his partner to events, or being seen w/his partner, in public in other contexts routinely?

Strolling naked in Pride parades

You know you don't have to attend the Pride parade right? Like the nude beach on the Islands, attendance is optional.

Its a whole one day a year, there are 364 others...........and ample places to go during Pride that feature neither nudity, nor any indication Pride is even going on......

I say this as someone who dislikes all parades equally. I don't like Santa Claus parades either............never have understood people's fascination with other people walking......as if bipedalism were a new innovation. LOL

Be that as it may.....if others are into fairy tales, lauding war veterans, championing unions, rabbits that lay eggs, or men in leather thongs...........shrug........w/e. I don't understand why any of that needs to be 'agenda-based' or why even if it were, that matters.

and looking like exaggeratingly fake women (the latter being something that's inherently contradictory to the principles of homosexuality when you stop and think about it)

Its a dude, in a dress.......w/e...........who cares? Not my thing either........but I'm not offended in the least.

I'm not sure what principles of homosexuality you've discerned, but I would be fascinated to hear them.......

Also, at least some of the community in question will be Trans........which is not the same thing...........but I digress.

Like some of these protesters is a surefire way to cause backlash. Ever wonder where the Yellow Vests came from? Your rebuttal is a stubborn refusal to recognize this.

Really? Really? How much time have you spent in France giving this issue deep consideration, after thoughtful discussion w/the locals?

I would suggest to you that gay pride was in no way a material concern of the yellow vests.

That's not to suggest they didn't/don't have non-economic concerns, though the former and clearly the predominant issue; but even when one looks at non-economic concerns infected by isms and irrational bigotry.....

I would suggest to you its more likely about issues around immigration and other perceived threats to French identity/life. Those concerns are not focused on the private sex lives of immigrants, gay or otherwise.

They are about 3 fundamental things. Economics (cheap/illegal labour), the pace of change in general and associated dislocation, and fear of the unknown/unfamiliar.

None of which excuses naked bigotry.

But to suggest the French have become vexed by the sexuality of their fellow citizens is to either willfully misread what's been going on, or to speak without sufficient knowledge.

Sure, and so what?

It's the reason why strip clubs, etc, don't cause heterophobia (per AoD's response). And there lots of people against overt displays of heterosexuality too.

Say what? Did you just suggest the urban left is entirely homosexual and/or trans? Your initial theme being that the urban left is promoting gay-ness etc.

As someone who is very urban.......and rather straight, I find this a tad preposterous.

If you wish to oppose flamboyance or Pride Parades, on whatever grounds, so be it. But your conflating things that are only tangentially related.

PS, for what its worth, There were 3 gay men in the Stephen Harper cabinet, one of them fairly open about it, but not public. The latter would have been challenged to make that choice in a previous generation.

Most gays and leftists are urban, and those are the most radical. URBAN Toronto isn't full of leftists by coincidence. And by the sound of it, the 3 in Harper's cabinet weren't flamboyant. The downtown hipsters are the ones giving the finger to traditional norms and thinks anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle are "bigots".

...as if bipedalism were a new innovation. LOL

Is that supposed to be an intelligent rebuttal?

I'm not sure what principles of homosexuality you've discerned, but I would be fascinated to hear them.......

Also, at least some of the community in question will be Trans........which is not the same thing...........but I digress.

It's about men being attracted to other men. Why they'd want to go around looking like women is beyond me. And this was a common thing with gay men long before transgenderism became a thing.

Really? Really?

Yes, really. Radicalism begets radicalism from the other side.

Urban Toronto is the ultimate echo chamber. On Redditt or international urban affairs sites like Skyscraperpage, at least there are some on the left who admit radicalism among the left creates an image problem for their causes. Not here.

Sooo how about that Chick-fil-A? It will be interesting to see how this location does once the hype dies down. There is no shortage of American fast-food chains that didn't last in Canada or they are slowing dying off, like Carl's Jr, Quiznos, Arby's, PotBelly Sandwich Shop, Blimpie Subs, Dunkin' Donuts..etc

It's the reason why strip clubs, etc, don't cause heterophobia (per AoD's response). And there lots of people against overt displays of heterosexuality too.

You know the backlash that causes against heterosexuals everywhere don't you; its just awful...................:rolleyes:

Most gays and leftists are urban, and those are the most radical. URBAN Toronto isn't full of leftists by coincidence. And by the sound of it, the 3 in Harper's cabinet weren't flamboyant. The downtown hipsters are the ones giving the finger to traditional norms and thinks anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle are "bigots".

There are so many assumptions in this series of statements, most of which aren't terribly well informed.............sigh

Is that supposed to be an intelligent rebuttal?

Didn't the LOL make it kind of obvious that that particular turn of phrase was humour, rather than rebuttal? How much more obvious could I have been?

It's about men being attracted to other men. Why they'd want to go around looking like women is beyond me. And this was a common thing with gay men long before transgenderism became a thing.

Kind of you to explain gayness to me; you'll forgive me if I don't defer to your expertise in this subject area. Also, transsexualism not a new thing; open-ness around it is.

Yes, really. Radicalism begets radicalism from the other side.

You haven't the foggiest clue what radical is; your statements are not moderate or nuanced or well informed.

Urban Toronto is the ultimate echo chamber. On Redditt or international urban affairs sites like Skyscraperpage, at least there are some on the left who admit radicalism among the left creates an image problem for their causes. Not here.

UT actually does have a diverse range of opinion, though it certainly is more centre-left, progressive and urbane on the whole. Fancy that, at a site devoted to Urban, Toronto?

I'm more than happy to upset the apple cart or take a contrary view.........that said, I don't like to do so from a position of ignorance, or without nuance.

Now I think I'm done w/this exchange, as its clear from the fact that you, when confronted with facts, didn't back off a single erroneous or over-blown statement you made, that you are the closed-minded person you so readily accuse others of being.

Last edited:
Leftists Urbanists (funny how it always ended up with name calling of this sort - leftist, extreme left, etc), we are armed with cameras like Che Guevara eating vegan Arroz Congri or something while denouncing cars, spandrel and fried chicken sandwiches.. ?

And yes, Harper's gays are straight-acting. Someone please remind this gentleman how Baird sounded and acted eh?

AoD

Last edited:
Sooo how about that Chick-fil-A? It will be interesting to see how this location does once the hype dies down. There is no shortage of American fast-food chains that didn't last in Canada or they are slowing dying off, like Carl's Jr, Quiznos, Arby's, PotBelly Sandwich Shop, Blimpie Subs, Dunkin' Donuts..etc
When I moved to Fredericton in 2004 I was amazed to see a Ponderosa. I figured they’d died out in the early 1990s.

Back