News   Aug 28, 2024
 716     3 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 388     0 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 434     0 

Candidates and their subway plans... The Star tells you which one is more credible

Which Subway/Transit plan do you support

• Sarah Thomson

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Rocco Rossi

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Joe Pantalone

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Rob Ford

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
Now that we are slowly getting back on topic...anybody done a breakdown by what percentage of TC each candidate supports?

Did Hudak say that subway are not needed or is that rhetorical flourish on your part?

Yeah he said that. I met him at Queen's Park about 3 weeks ago because my friend and him are close friends

You are really delusional if you think Hudak would support a Miller/McGuinty initiative. Even the rest of the LRT fan club on here won't back you on that one.

You are wrong on this part. Hudak did support TC (more or less) in our conversation. It is just a question of how much of it to build or whether to build nothing

Agreed. It's hilarious to think that Hudak, Mike Harris' son-in-law will fully support an idea by an NDP mayor and a Liberal premier. You can't make this stuff up!

Well, with Hudak, you can forget about ANY transit expansion at all. More realistically, you can look forward to the Highway 407 east and Highway 427 extensions!

Yeah he said that. I met him at Queen's Park about 3 weeks ago because my friend and him are close friends

So you're line is, "I know this guy who knows this other guy who said this...." Somehow, I doubt that the leader of provincial PC party discussed what would be a major policy tenet with you just on the fly like that....mere weeks after he was purposefully vague at a major speech in Toronto (see the above link).

You read into his comments what you wanted to hear. So be it.

You are wrong on this part. Hudak did support TC (more or less) in our conversation. It is just a question of how much of it to build

Show me a public pronouncement where he specifically mentions that he supports Transit City. Not the usual crap where he says he supports "reliable transit". I challenge you to find a single solid statement affirming his support as a PC leadership candidate, leader of the Opposition, or leader of the PC party, affirming his support for Transit City. One speech. Find it and I'll change my views...on Hudak too.

Somehow, I doubt that the leader of provincial PC party discussed what would be a major policy tenet with you just on the fly like that....mere weeks after he was purposefully vague at a major speech in Toronto (see the above link).

Well he did discuss this with me because he is a cool guy! You are just sad because you cannot swing with the big boys and have to cry about TC on this site

Tell that to your boy here who keeps insisting that Hudak will finish TC in its entirety.

I never said he would finish TC in its entirety. I said if he was presented with the option of doing nothing, building some of TC, building all of TC or building subways, he would definitely choose option 1 or 2 and to a stretch...3

Back to the chorus...we are not getting any subways anytime soon! Embrace TC for now!

Other than Pantalone, I do not think that information is available

Thomson: 0% of TC.
Smitherman: 40% or so of TC's original planned kms (Sheppard, Eglinton and Finch West)
Rossi: 0-10% (not quite sure if he supports SELRT or not)
Ford: still waiting
Pantalone: 100%

Thomson: 0% of TC.
Smitherman: 40% or so of TC's original planned kms (Sheppard, Eglinton and Finch West)
Rossi: 0-10% (not quite sure if he supports SELRT or not)
Ford: still waiting
Pantalone: 100%

Big difference between 'during elections' and 'when you have been elected'. Those percentages could easily increase in favour of TC come November. So for Pantalone, it would be 400% for TC

Well he did discuss this with me because he is a cool guy! You are just sad because you cannot swing with the big boys and have to cry about TC on this site

LOL. Whatever helps keep your ego inflated enough to sleep at night.

How ironic though that nearly every candidate (save Pantalone) has a vision closer to SOS than the original Transit City.

Big difference between 'during elections' and 'when you have been elected'. Those percentages could easily increase in favour of TC come November. So for Pantalone, it would be 400% for TC

We'll see then. Beers on me if Pantalone wins. You wanna buy the rounds if he loses?

LOL. Whatever helps keep your ego inflated enough to sleep at night.

How ironic though that nearly every candidate (save Pantalone) has a vision closer to SOS than the original Transit City.

Again stop crying because you or SOS can't make any progress with elected officials on you plan that Steve Munro shredded! SOS has been talking so much since last November and has yet to do anything spectacular.

Back