News   Aug 28, 2024
 696     3 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 385     0 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 432     0 

Candidates and their subway plans... The Star tells you which one is more credible

Which Subway/Transit plan do you support

• Sarah Thomson

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Rocco Rossi

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Joe Pantalone

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Rob Ford

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
It's funny. This is exactly why Steve Munro stopped posting, and reading this board. Members like you whose idea of debating is resorting to insults, and calling for members to be banned because they do not subscribe to your "subways r nothing" agenda!

So please explain how calling me Anti-LRT and Anti-Transit is not resorting to insults? I've yet to hear you respond to that question.

Last edited:
If he had to choose between funding a few LRT's, a few subways or nothing, he'll choose the LRTs or nothing options because they are much cheaper for his government that SOS expensive plans!

Calm down...you are not getting new subway lines anytime soon!

The real threat to the other candidates are their weak platforms. They are screwing themselves without Pantalone saying anything. Pantalone should keep smiling, say nothing and allow the others to eat each other alive (like Smitherman versus Ford)

All the power to him if that works....

The flip side is that nobody will even know his name come election time. People will have been hearing names like Thomson, Smitherman, Ford and Rossi for months. But Pantalone? Who's that guy?

Ask around among your family and friends. Don't take my word for it. See how many have even heard of the guy, let alone are willing to vote for him.

If he had to choose between funding a few LRT's, a few subways or nothing, he'll choose the LRTs or nothing options because they are much cheaper for his government that SOS expensive plans!

I second what Keithz is saying, what the hell are you basing this on? Can you provide ANY sort of reference to back up your claim?

The flip side is that nobody will even know his name come election time. People will have been hearing names like Thomson, Smitherman, Ford and Rossi for months. But Pantalone? Who's that guy?

Ask around among your family and friends. Don't take my word for it. See how many have even heard of the guy, let alone are willing to vote for him.

With so many people in Scarborough, Etobicoke and North York that do not vote, I expect the other former cities to bring Pantalone to power!

I second what Keithz is saying, what the hell are you basing this on? Can you provide ANY sort of reference to back up your claim?

I spoke to Hudak and he talked about going in the opposite direction to McGuinty's out of control spending. He discussed a conservative agenda where he would spend money on things that we definitely need and subways are not one of them.

Again calm down...we are not getting subways anytime soon! Embrace TC for now!

So you have no evidence to back up your hypothesis which goes against the general trend of pronouncements made by all the PC leadership candidates during the party leadership race. Your lack of supporting evidence is duly noted.

And I will be enjoying a new subway line soon. TYSSE is on its way. And if Smitherman wins, there'll be a subway to STC. That's a start. But I'll be happy to see the SELRT too. Something better than nothing right? And it'll be worth it to see how Torontonians react to spending that much on a line from Don Mills to ...Conlins? I'm looking forward to seeing how Malvernites react as they head to STC on a bus riding right by the billion dollar LRT. It'll be an eye-opener for sure. ....and I suppose I feel happy for all the people that rid the Sheppard bus who now get a bit more elbow room. Awesome for them! If you live in Dean Park though, you are screwed.

You so obviously don't live in the former city of Toronto. Either that, or your family and friends are a bunch of political simpletons to the nth degree.

I spoke to Hudak and he talked about going in the opposite direction to McGuinty's out of control spending. He discussed a conservative agenda where he would spend money on things that we definitely need and subways are not one of them.

Again calm down...we are not getting subways anytime soon! Embrace TC for now!

Hysterical much?

Did Hudak say that subway are not needed or is that rhetorical flourish on your part?

As for talk about controlling out of control spending, that does not mean building cheaper LRTs. That means building nothing at all. You are really delusional if you think Hudak would support a Miller/McGuinty initiative. Even the rest of the LRT fan club on here won't back you on that one.

You so obviously don't live in the former city of Toronto. Either that, or your family and friends are a bunch political simpletons to the nth degree.

You're right. I don't live in the former city of Toronto. My ties are all suburban 416. And not a single person I know is voting for Pantalone. But my anecdotal evidence aside, why is Pantalone fairing so poorly in the polls?

Back