News   Aug 28, 2024
 188     0 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 1.4K     8 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 470     0 

Candidates and their subway plans... The Star tells you which one is more credible

Which Subway/Transit plan do you support

• Sarah Thomson

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Rocco Rossi

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Joe Pantalone

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Rob Ford

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
Definitely not enough to spend billions on. Ansem does not like transfer, buy a car. Transfers are a part of riding transit. Spending billions to eliminate a transfer for a limited number of riders is lunacy!

Yup a transfer on the Sheppard corridor is OK but one on the Eglinton corridor would be anarchy!!!

No...the SOS report is backed up by nothing

Are you suggesting that millar's TC is backed up by something?

Yeah, provincial, and federal funding!
Alright. So if I payed for a Subway on Sheppard, the ridership would suddenly be big enough to justify subway? :O

Just because it's endorsed by the government doesn't mean it's good. The TTC can pull whatever numbers outta their ass they want.

Just because it's endorsed by the government doesn't mean it's good. The TTC can pull whatever numbers outta their ass they want.

Just because SOS says we need subways does not mean we actually need them! Seriously, there is enough ridership to extend the Sheppard Subway into Scarborough?

Just because SOS says we need subways does not mean we actually need them! Seriously, there is enough ridership to extend the Sheppard Subway into Scarborough?
Just because Miller says LRT would be better does not mean it actually is! As I said, the TTC can pull whatever numbers they want. 10 years ago, there was demand for Sheppard to go to STC. Based on all those new towers going up in Agincourt, I'll guess that it's pretty hard for that demand to suddenly disappear.

Definitely not enough to spend billions on. Ansem does not like transfer, buy a car. Transfers are a part of riding transit. Spending billions to eliminate a transfer for a limited number of riders is lunacy!

For someone going to STC, youy create an extra transfer at Sheppard/McCowan.
Spending a billion to make it less efficient is really strange to me and any Transit planners from world class cities (which Torontonians prides themselves to belong to) would find our methods mediocre at best and would call our planners amateur

You like mediocracy? Than congrats! You got it...if we don't elect a moyor who want to scratch that line.

I always said if the line was
PLEASE READ

a)Going to STC
b) less stop, faster and more spacing between stops,

This project would have already made more sense

I'm not counting on Ford getting any subways built, just on him getting Transit City cancelled so the next mayor can come in and start fresh.

I don't share this opinion for a few reasons:

1) Just because Transit City is not perfect does not mean we should do nothing for 4 years.
2) If nothing gets built for years, you can bet that Transit City is more likely not less. LRT will be seen as easier to build and cheaper. Whoever replaces Ford might run TC on steroids. I don't want that either.

For someone going to STC, youy create an extra transfer at Sheppard/McCowan.
Spending a billion to make it less efficient is really strange to me and any Transit planners from world class cities (which Torontonians prides themselves to belong to) would find our methods mediocre at best and would call our planners amateur

You like mediocracy? Than congrats! You got it...if we don't elect a moyor who want to scratch that line.

I always said if the line was
PLEASE READ

a)Going to STC
b) less stop, faster and more spacing between stops,

This project would have already made more sense

You are really obsessed with STC. It's like the centre of the universe to you.

That link you posted means diddly squat. Why would the future resident of that high density development want to travel to STC by subway? Explain!

You treat the RTES as some sacred document. It's the only reason I can think of why you're obsessed with STC. Or obsessed with the outdatde theory of high-density nodal development.

Last edited:
Alright. So if I payed for a Subway on Sheppard, the ridership would suddenly be big enough to justify subway? :O

If you had to pay for the subway, I bet you would not even build a subway, because it would never reach the ridership to justify your investment!

Juan beat to the punch on this comment. I'll just add the SOS group tinkered with the numbers so they could to justify their MoveToronto plan was called for the many many errors in it, and made a revised plan. You should not be calling the TTC out on questionable numbers, when you group is just a guilty.

Well, Juan beat me to what I was going to post, so I'

You treat the RTES as some sacred document.

And how do you treat Transit City? This post reaks of hypocracy.

It's the only reason I can think of why you're obsessed with STC. Or obsessed with the outdatde theory of high-density nodal development.

Yes, outdated in that it is a foundation of both the Places to Grow Act and the Metrolinx RTP. Yeah, 2006 and 2009 are sooooo outdated. What a stupid statement to make.

Back