News   Aug 28, 2024
 270     0 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 1.6K     8 
News   Aug 28, 2024
 486     0 

Candidates and their subway plans... The Star tells you which one is more credible

Which Subway/Transit plan do you support

• Sarah Thomson

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Rocco Rossi

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Joe Pantalone

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Rob Ford

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
Ansem travels from home to work but other than him, how many more people would travel that way?

Definitely not enough to spend billions on. Ansem does not like transfer, buy a car. Transfers are a part of riding transit. Spending billions to eliminate a transfer for a limited number of riders is lunacy!

Definitely not enough to spend billions on. Ansem does not like transfer, buy a car. Transfers are a part of riding transit. Spending billions to eliminate a transfer for a limited number of riders is lunacy!

He could take the LRT along Sheppard East and visit the many great autodealers!

You represent SOS that preaches the 'subways only' gospel and it is getting extermely annoying! I support LRTs for now and when the demand is there, upgrade them to subways! Having subways run empty during non-peak hours along Sheppard is sheer stupidity!

It's time for some simple math folks!

Juan Lennon = Common Sense
SOS = NONSENSE!

I'm glad I live in Ottawa now, we have a transit plan that actually make sense, and that won't f**k the city over 20 years from now, and that isn't a multi-billion dollar waste of money.

Have fun with your streetcars, because they'll do nothing to relieve congestion, both on the highways and on the subways going into downtown. Transit City is a multi-billion dollar band-aid, nothing more.

I'm glad I live in Ottawa now, we have a transit plan that actually make sense, and that won't f**k the city over 20 years from now, and that isn't a multi-billion dollar waste of money.

Have fun with your streetcars, because they'll do nothing to relieve congestion, both on the highways and on the subways going into downtown. Transit City is a multi-billion dollar band-aid, nothing more.

Thank you for your words. Now please stay in Ottawa and don't ever return to Toronto!

Last edited:
Don't say "we have a plan that would F* the city over 20 years from now" IT WON'T! You are so negative!

I'm realistic. These lines will be nothing more than feeder lines, which will dump people onto an already over-crowded subway network. Increasing capacity in the suburbs means NOTHING if the capacity in and around the core isn't able to handle the increased passenger volume. I would think that's a pretty simple concept to understand, but I guess not...

It does NO good if an LRT saves somebody 4 minutes on their trip if they have to wait an extra 2 subway trains to squeeze onto one when they finally reach the subway. Net gain = 0. Money spent = $15 billion. Great use of funds.

I'm realistic. These lines will be nothing more than feeder lines, which will dump people onto an already over-crowded subway network. Increasing capacity in the suburbs means NOTHING if the capacity in and around the core isn't able to handle the increased passenger volume. I would think that's a pretty simple concept to understand, but I guess not...

Realistic? Please! It seems as though you don't get it and people like UT members and Steve Munro are constantly having heart attacks trying to educate you and S.O.S.

Realistic? Please! It seems as though you don't get it and people like UT members and Steve Munro are constantly having heart attacks trying to educate you and S.O.S.

What? Even Steve Murno understands the importance of providing additional capacity to the core. I just favour that BEFORE everything else gets built out in the suburbs. You expand the capacity at the end point first, and then at the source, not the other way around.

If you dislike TC so much, then speak with Metrolinx and the TTC, mayoral candidates, the media such as CP24, and urban planning professors at York, U of T and Ryerson. I would have more respect for S.O.S. if you actually put some effort in fighting for your beliefs. All S.O.S. does is complain on this site and nothing more

And have a plan heavily critiqued and respond " we're fixing it". S.O.S. does not come off as credible, when they have to revise their plan after it was exposed for having so many flaws. S.O.S just comes off as a group who only wants subways for the sake of subways, and nothing more.

Last edited:

Back