3K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 612     1 

Brampton Transit/Zum

The first Zum shelter is installed at Queen and Torbram:

4852431784_e8180570f6_b.jpg

wow that bus stop looks huge! I guess they are expecting a lot of ridership on this route to justify the large shelter. Is it going to have offline payment system like viva?

wow that bus stop looks huge! I guess they are expecting a lot of ridership on this route to justify the large shelter. Is it going to have offline payment system like viva?

I think the shelter has to be that big because people are already lining up under the shelters for a service that does not launch until sometime in September.....the shelter may not be big enough!!!!

hmm, they're pretty ugly - in person too - it looks like a gas station : ) because of the red.
I think the new viva ones will look many times better ...

Looks don't really look much though.

Maybe they did that on purpose to remind people how much gas they're saving (and how many fewer gas stations they're visiting) by using zum... Or it could just be a really bad styling job.

I think it is a homage to when gas stations were more like gas stations and less like convenience stores/coffee shops...it is retro/museum/suburban architecture ;)

I just hope the shelters will have glass panels. Otherwise they'll be as useless as the VIVA shelters in the winter.

I just hope the shelters will have glass panels. Otherwise they'll be as useless as the VIVA shelters in the winter.

4122752553_9aaa11603d_o.jpg

It doesn't look like they're fully enclosed, but there's a fair amount of glass on the one section. However, this rendering is from 2009 and the final design could be different.

New Züm Website has been launched: Brampton Züm

Last edited:
What the heck is up with the name .... ZUM ... if they wanted zoom why didn't they just go with zoom ...

What's the difference between a minor and major station for Zum?

From the Züm Facebook page: the difference between the two is the size of the stop. A major stop has interior space for a three-person bench and exterior four-person bench and a minor stop has interior space for a two-person bench.

Maybe this is already known, but Züm will start September 20, 2010.

Back