971     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 843     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 343     0 

BMO Field

"AC/DC Toronto "

Wouldn't Washington want that name?

If freaking lacrosse can attract 10-15,000 crowds then surely soccer can get that many people out to games.

The Rocks Attendance has been vary good, at or near the top of the league.

2006 - ~16,200
2005 - 17,123
2004 - 16,907
2003 - 16,733

For the Soccer team, I think it'll do very well in the first year, hopefully there won't be a drop off in the second. I was hoping for a real grass playing surface.

Name um....how about "Real Toronto United" - that sounds euro-ish

Let's realy tie this baby together. How about "REAL TOUNLIMITED"

RRRRRRR go get em' boys:smokin

If trawna gets an MLS team pro soccer might draw better. It all depends on how successful the league is in the states- if MLS continues to advance in the states then TO will of course follow suit. Afterall if its successful in the states it must be a good thing..err right?

I could give a raccoon's rectum about traditional European names-Inter, FC, AC, United... give me a break. The Toronto Polar Bears works MUCH better for me.

I'd prefer they be called Toronto City FC as this team already existed in the 60's.

I'm a big fan of international soccer events like the World Cup and EuroCup when they come around every couple of years. But local pro soccer does'nt have the same feel and sorry to say will be doomed.
If you are curious why professional soccer will not succeed in Canada and USA, check out this link... 18 Reasons

why professional soccer will not succeed in Canada and USA

Well, the MLS is doing all right in the USA, with fairly decent opening day attendance figures.

Plus they've been operating since 1996. So one can say that soccer is succeeding.

the thing that keeps major league soccer rolling is that they have huge corporate sponsors.also,what about toronto blizzards,some nostalgia there

"I'd prefer they be called Toronto City FC as this team already existed in the 60's"

I think soccer fans in TO should break from this Euro-centric stuff altogether. A Canadian name is called for, not a Euro version with 'toronto' stuck in the title. But i guess they will go with whatever their marketing dept thinks will sell. Um- Probably TO United or AC-TO...gag- err pathetic.

I think soccer fans in TO should break from this Euro-centric stuff altogether. A Canadian name is called for, not a Euro version with 'toronto' stuck in the title. But i guess they will go with whatever their marketing dept thinks will sell. Um- Probably TO United or AC-TO...gag- err pathetic.

I agree. In Canada athletic clubs are usually track and field and football means CFL or NFL. Toronto will have a soccer club and it won't be created by the uniting of anything, so lets use a wholly Canadian name. I think the Blizzard was a good club and team name but other Canadian or Torontonian names could work as well. At the very least call the team the Inter Toronto SC.

At the very least call the team the Inter Toronto SC.

Depends on how they are using "Inter".

Inter, meaning "International Football" or represent the fact that its comprised of international players (i.e. Inter Milan) and compete on an international level.

anyways...should be SC, that gives it a Canadian twist.

Back